News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Italian

Started by cicciobastardo, April 08, 2004, 12:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cicciobastardo

I've noticed that some strings are hardcoded in the files so thay appear always in english. I've found these strings and I'm able to translate them but I would know if it's possible to translate them without touching the core files so when they're upgraded I keep my string translated...

Is that possible?

Soeren

Hello,
there's no other way for you to take out the hardcoded english strings of the php files and append them as

define('_PHPSHOP_MY_MESSAGE','the former english message');

into the language file. then you can replace the english string with the constant _PHPSHOP_MY_MESSAGE. Now you can send me the altered file and the language file and I check your replacements. Then we have international files...and you can be sure that future versions will contain the translations.
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

cicciobastardo

Ok, I'm not so proficient in php so I prefer to ask you. This is the string I've found

$shopper_footer = "\n\nThank you for your patronage.\n";

This is the translation I'll put in the language file

define('_PHPSHOP_PATRONAGE','Grazie per la vostra fiducia.');

so instead of the former string I've to put

$shopper_footer = "\n\n '_PHPSHOP_PATRONAGE' \n";

Is that right? Sorry for asking but I don't know where to put commas, quote and so on...

Soeren

That is not 100% correct.

$shopper_footer = "nn '_PHPSHOP_PATRONAGE' n";

must look like this:

$shopper_footer = "nn " . _PHPSHOP_PATRONAGE . " n";

A string, opened with ", must be closed with ". Then it can be concatenated with other strings, constants or variables using a dot. Just look into the code for other examples and adapt the way...

ciao, soeren
The future of eCommerce: VirtueMart & Joomla!
http://virtuemart.net

cicciobastardo

Ok, I've sent you an email with all the files modified so you can include them in the next release...

Ciao
Andrea