Author Topic: Language pack run fine in front end but not in backend  (Read 3266 times)

dotcom22

• Beginner
Language pack run fine in front end but not in backend
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:38:22 am »
Hi

I have install language pack as described on http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=48230.0

I run Joomla 1.5.8 and VM 1.1.2 with german language in frontend and english language in backend....Front end are now in german...great...but backend have no language..All text have desapear and it is impossible to administrate...

That mean language pack are only possible to be applied if both front/backend are in same language ????

thanks

Pisu

• ..still looking for..
    • Blog di Stefano Bagnatica
Re: Language pack run fine in front end but not in backend
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 20:32:53 pm »
No... it's possible to use different languages in front and backend. I just tried setting Italian in "site" and English in "admin", and it works correctly.

Check if you have the english.php file in /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/common and so on ; maybe you have deleted them?
Pisu - Team VMItalia (Supporto Italiano VirtueMart)
www.stefanobagnatica.it | www.vmitalia.net

dotcom22

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 22:38:10 pm »
ok that true...In fact in the default language pack english are not present...so I have upload all missing files...Suggestions: Maybe is better to provide also english with language pack...like that user don't need to upload it...

anyway thanks for your help...

Pisu

• ..still looking for..
    • Blog di Stefano Bagnatica
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 23:40:29 pm »
ok that true...In fact in the default language pack english are not present...so I have upload all missing files...Suggestions: Maybe is better to provide also english with language pack...like that user don't need to upload it...

English files are included in the base component installation pack; so there is no need to re-include in the language pack. Only, when uploading the langpack, must not delete previous folders... but only upload new files
Pisu - Team VMItalia (Supporto Italiano VirtueMart)
www.stefanobagnatica.it | www.vmitalia.net