Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

DEBUG HELP: Product Image

Started by bbor, November 07, 2008, 22:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbor

Hello,

I hope I'm in the correct forum.

Basically I have a very small (or maybe very big) that needs fixing a.s.a.p as the owner of the site wants to start adding products.

Here's the deal. I am testing few hosts to see which one is the most suited for our VirtueMart powered E-Shop. I have stumbled upon a very good hosting company, but as soon as I installed Joomla 1.5.7 Bundled with Virtuemart, same one I was using for other hosts, I get an error everytime I add a product/category image. It was working fine on other hosts. Here's the error with debug output on the hosting company server:

I tried searching Virtuemart forum and the web for possible solutions but none worked. So I decided to install the very same installation on my home pc running WAMP server. Turned on the debug and tried the very same test and it worked:

Seems to me that on the Online server, the first Unlink command works, but the second fails for some reason, and with my very little knowledge of VirtueMart's scripting I have no idea what's wrong.

1. So firstly, I hope you seasoned Virtuemart developers would be able to answer why it's failing unlink command on second go. Could it be Permissions problem? But my shop_image folder is CHMOD-ed 755. Could it be a server config problem? If so I would like to definetely know it is, so I could switch hosting company without wasting time trying to debug the code.

2. My second question is: What does unlink command do? What can possibly go wrong if i comment out the unlink command on imageTools.class.php (Line: 273-275: $d["image_commands"][] = array( 'command' => 'unlink', ...)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time  :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update : 21:50GMT

I have commented out the lines 273-275 above and re-uploaded imageTools.class.php and apparantly it's working fine now. I successfully added a product with an image, it created the thumbnails and everything!

What does the UNLINK do and what's the risk of NOT executing this command?

bbor

Don't mean to be rude but doesn't anyone know about the Unlink command and what it does? Or is this the wrong forum? I got 140 views but no one replied.