News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Bug: Adding Product Types to Products

Started by doorknob, November 01, 2008, 16:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doorknob

When adding product types to products from the product list, if more than one product is selected using the check boxes at the left, only the first of those records is processed when the 'add product type' option is selected from the tool bar.
Tested on J 1.5.7 with vm from nightly download 2008-20-12
Regards
Phil

cvoogt

This happens to me too on J 1.5.8 and VM 1.1.2.
Even if this got fixed, what would be truly ideal is if a product type can be configured as default for all products so that when a product is added, the product editing form comes with the product type and parameters and can be saved in far fewer steps. I don't mind how it is now, but my customers do.

UPDATE: I have now found a good way to set up a default product type (for stores with only one product type):
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=37238.msg154341#msg154341

doorknob

I do agree with you about the very clumsy way that Product Types are linked to products. I would like to be able to add product types from inside the add product form, even if a 'refresh' is required to show the extra tab. At the moment, I have to select 'add product' and save, then select 'product list', locate the product in the list and select it and click 'add product type', then navigate back to 'update product' also via the product list once more. Absolutely ridiculous.