News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Creating Customer Reviews from Administrator

Started by caseyd, October 27, 2008, 15:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseyd

I am trying to create a new customer review from the administrator, but the form that comes up after clicking the "new" button doesn't have an input concerning which product the new review is for.

hotelathome

I wish that this could be added as a feature. It would be good if you could choose the information shown in that review, eg the customers first name and their state, or their username and their suburb, or choose not to show any name at all.

Dave Withnall

@caseyd
You need to add the review from the product list.
Click "Add Review" on the row appropriate to the item. Or View then add if the product already has one.

The Customer Reviews menu option only allows for viewing existing reviews, those waiting for approval etc. and should not have the New button.

@hotelathome
You can modify the code that displays the review to show the different details you are after, but it would be globally applied, not per review.

saraspixels

I had the same problem and wanted to let you all know (even though this post is old) that there is a way to do this by using phpMyAdmin.

To do this you will need to know the product number.

Go to your joomla sql database.  Find "jos_vm_product_reviews" in the list.  You can browse the current list of reviews.  Click the "Insert" tab.

Fill in the boxes like this:
review_id ---- leave blank (the sql will automatically use the next integer
product_id ---- use the product number
comment ---- Text of the review
userid ---- start with something like 10000 and go up for each review you enter (each userid can only enter one review per product)
time ---- leave blank (the sql will automatically use the current time)
user_rating ---- number of stars (1 - 5)
review_ok ---- 0
review_votes ---- 0
published ---- Y

I hope this helps :)
http://saraspixelstudio.com/shop

Using VM 1.1.4 - Joomla 1.5.15

raegenhare

Sarah,

You are a gift from the gods! I have been looking everywhere for information on how to do this, as we are a book/eBook publisher and I want to repost reviews left at other websites to our website so that customers can see all the good things that people have said elsewhere.

Thank you!

Sheri