Author Topic: Front End Module not displaying thumbnails  (Read 10549 times)

Town

• Beginner
Front End Module not displaying thumbnails
« on: April 30, 2008, 02:21:52 am »
Hi,

I've setup VM before but am doing a new install of the latest release for another site and the Front end modules won't display the product thumbnails, eg the featured / latest products will only display the Product name and link, price and the add to cart option.

Is there a option some where that i'm missing? I've searched around and i can't find anyone else with this issue so i can only assume im doing something wrong.

The site is http://www.invisiondistributors.com

Thanks in advance!

Town

• Beginner
Re: Front End Module not displaying thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 23:14:43 pm »
sure did, it was really bugging me in the end i noticed a little error that just looked like a heading saying Dynamic Image Resizing is not available. The GD library seems to be missing.

Which after a quick google showed me a component called GD Lib wasnt installed on my server.

Check out http://www.libgd.org/Main_Page as it has install details for it.

fairyteeth

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 19:40:15 pm »
hi... i'm very newbie, and i have same problem with town, i try to open http://www.libgd.org/Main_Page but still confused and dont understand how to install it. can you help me....?

:)

Town

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 22:39:34 pm »
You need to install it on your webserver, so if your not hosting your own server you may need to ask your provider to install it.

beluang

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 12:15:09 pm »
o dear,isnt there's any  better way? i think i will give  up on virtuemart

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 21:03:55 pm »
o dear,isnt there's any  better way? i think i will give  up on virtuemart

Shows you don't know ANYTHING about websites, go learn/read so you can have/make informed and intelligent discussions.

dr lurv

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 16:11:08 pm »
I've just done an upgrade from Joomla1.0.15/VM1.0.15 to Joomla1.0.15/VM1.1.2 rather than a new install and I am seeing the same thing: Images don't appear in the VM front end (product areas and product scroller) and I get the warning message about the GD library not being present in the layout section of the backend. There seem to be other people reporting the same thing after upgrades, however they seem to be focussin on directory permissions as a means of solving the problem.

Both the product listing and product scroller areas seem to be using dynamic resizing because if I take the url for the none appearing image and I use it in a browser window I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /var/www/vhosts/jm10/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/class.img2thumb.php on line 151

Has VirtueMart added dynamic resizing to these areas in the 1.1.x releases?
Is there a new dependency to be installed?

benoit_08

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2008, 16:28:41 pm »
For those looking for a concrete solution on Ubuntu 8.04 ("Hardy Heron"), you can install libgd for PHP5 using this command:
sudo apt-get install php5-gd

You must have root privileges to do this (hence the sudo command as prefix).

schnicel

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 17:32:58 pm »
Hi, I`ve similar problem with not displaying product images in front-end. I copy my localhost version of website to server and this problem occurs www.hudobninyholma.sk. I`ve checked the GD library but its installed with php{bundled (2.0.34 compatible) FreeType Version  2.3.7}. Is there other php conf parameters i need to check? Do you have any idea how can i solve my problem,please?