Author Topic: No download Link until status change - no matter what  (Read 3909 times)

kcarring

• Beginner
No download Link until status change - no matter what
« on: October 24, 2008, 01:07:03 am »
regardless of whether I have virtuemart set to provide a download link when set to "pending" or "confirmed" - the buyer never gets the email.

The strange thing is, if I have it set to "confirmed", and when i log in, i see the order set to pending - then i change status to "confirmed" -- the link is sent.

So, one might think a solution would be to deliver a download link at the "pending" status.

the thing is, not even that works.

If you follow me here, I'm saying that with Virtuemart set to deliver a download link at "pending" status, and even though when i log in and see the order... it IS "pending" --- it doesn't send. I acutally have to change the status to "confirmed" and then back to "pending" in this case for it to work!

I'm confused... is this a server error, an IPN error? I have paypal IPN set to the notify.php script.. and I had this working 100% on a different server... but then I switched to siteground.. and this...

Any hints before I give up on Virtuemart?

Bob Bloom

• News Team
    • http://southlasalle.com
Re: No download Link until status change - no matter what
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 01:43:37 am »
I just happened to be strolling through the forums when I saw your post...

The "download-id" email is sent when an order is confirmed. I don't know why this isn't so for you.

If you change your status from "pending" to "confirmed" in your order details form, it will send the "download-id".

Your email confirmations are sent out? Sometimes, there are problems with the emails going out.

If I were to diagnose your site, I'd publish the purchase order payment method. I'd go through checkout and pay with the PO method. The status would be "pending", which is what I want. Then, I'd go to your order details form and change the status to "confirm" and see if the email was sent.

The next thing I'd try is buying a free download. That way, I avoid potential problems with any payment method, but still end the checkout process with a "confirmed" order. Then I'd see if the email was sent out.

Then, I'd try your PayPal payment method to see if something funny is going on there.

-Bob

Bob Bloom
freelance Joomla speshitpillt
http://southlasalle.com

kcarring

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 01:34:36 am »
Update:

I am really hoping to solve this, or else, I have to give up on joomla/virtuemart.

First:

I joined the sandbox at Paypal and at first, my notify.php ERRORED (server 500)
In my logs:

[Fri Oct 24 14:33:48 2008] [error] [client 66.211.170.66] Premature end of script headers: /home/legalhel/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/notify.php

So, then I changed it from 666 to 755, and the Sandbox IPN checker gave it the OK status.

So I tried another order, but again... no change from pending to confirmed :(

Please help

ashtra

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 18:40:45 pm »
I had the same problem..

but after several hours I realized that the problem began when I change the 2checkout php to display the product name not a long number in the 2checkout bill ...I dont know if that can help you 

kcarring

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 20:04:51 pm »
moving from siteground.com to hostgater.com and thus increasing my server timeout error limit fixed my problem.

JJRO

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 22:36:09 pm »
this is now looking like a virtuemart problem since every single payment gateway seems to be having issues changing the order status automatically...

:( sad day.

jendara

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 11:53:08 am »
I was having the same problem and I thought I was in for some headaches when this worked:

Payment Method Form for Credit Card
on the 'Payment Method' Tab

Default was
Payment Method Name: Credit Card
Code:AN    
Payment class name:ps_authorize
Payment method type:Credit Card

Only thing I changed is in red:
Payment Method Name: Credit Card
Code:AN    
Payment class name:ps_authorize
Payment method type:Use Payment Processor