My father's online shop needed more functionality than the UPS v1.0 module provides, so I rewrote the module and called it UPSv2.0. I've added numerous features as requested by other users, and have posted the updates here for the community to use. There are several version of the code, for different reasons. Below is a list of the features and requirements for each.PLEASE NOTE!
This module does far more than the specifications for a shipping module state it should do. It is NOT a simple drop-in module. I have re-written some of the specifications in order to add enhanced functionality. This means that future VirtueMart updates may break this code! Proceed with caution when updating VM!Here's a good post on how to get your developer access key
Want to show your shipping rates before checkout? Download my plugin now!
vm11x-upsv2.2011.07.20-BASIC.zipRequires VirtueMart 1.1.xREQUIRES PHP v5.0 or higher!
- Simple rate shopping module with no core hacks
- Safe to install alongside any of my other modulesvm117-upsv2.2011.02.11.zipRequires VirtueMart 1.1.7REQUIRES PHP v5.0 or higher!
- allows for bundled and unbundled items.
- allows for shipments greater than 70lbs (fixed original XML)
- split package types into international and domestic
- customized shipping price discounts per product
- shipping insurance per product
- option to skip handling fees on free shipping items
- option to allow only certain number of a product in any package
- allows for optional "Free Shipping" image to be displayed on product flypage for products who have a shipping modifier of zero.
- allows for restriction of "Free Shipping" to only basic ground services
- allows for restricting products from being shipped to any location using country/state associations
- added option to have free shipping on orders over a certain amount
- added option to skip Pickup Type declaration (workaround for UPS Error Code: 111370, Error Description: Unsupported Pickup Type)
- very basic support for declaring L/W/H for large packages
- option to flag products as HAZMAT, add additional shipping charges, and show a HAZMAT image on the product flypage
- additional handling fee options. 2 handling fees allowed.
- freight shipping option. ignore freight items during shipping calculations, show notices and images in various locations.
- option to query shipping rates using manufacturer's address
- option to offer an "additional service" when displaying shipping rate choices
- added option to charge flat fee per product, ignoring actual UPS rate
- added option to skip handling fees on packages with only flat-fee items
- option to give free shipping per product type based on quantity
- option to charge tax only to in-state users
- option to charge different tax for products which ship from manufacturer (drop shipper)
- option to restrict products to ground shipping services
- mod_virtuemart_currencies support
- shipping tax system mirroring product tax. You may now charge shipping tax based on vendor address, shipping address, or EU mode
- basic 'after the fact' tracking number support
- per-product shipping service restriction mechanism
- UPS Negotiated Rates support
- Option to use "Declared Value" for rate queries
- Option to override default declared value (product price) with user-defined price
- Option to trigger free shipping per product, based on other products in the cartvm118-upsv2.2011.04.19.zipRequires VirtueMart 1.1.8REQUIRES PHP v5.0 or higher!
- All the features of the previous version, ported to VM1.1.8vm119-lowmips.2011.08.22Requires VirtueMart 1.1.9REQUIRES PHP v5.0 or higher!
- includes vm118-upsv2.2011.04.19
- ported to VirtueMart 1.1.9
- download from my website