Author Topic: UPS v2.0 (multiple functionality additions)  (Read 372923 times)

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
Re: UPS v2.0 (multiple functionality additions)
« Reply #795 on: July 30, 2012, 14:02:16 pm »
yaani,
You'll need to remove the additional columns from the database, and revert the updated files to your originals.  the columns can be found in upsv2.sql.

UPSv2 is not compatible with VM2.0.  I have plans to create a compatible version, I just have not had the time.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #796 on: July 30, 2012, 14:03:25 pm »
MREKMiller:
what services do you have selected in the module configuration?  You're receiving a valid reply, but you may not have enough services checked to match up with the reply.
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #797 on: July 31, 2012, 16:50:42 pm »
**** UPDATE ****

vm119-lowmips.2011.08.22 public release
Includes UPSv2, USPSv5, and FedExv2, all ported to vm119 code.
Download from my website, under "Free Software", "Shipping", then "Other".

MREKMiller

• Beginner
« Reply #798 on: August 08, 2012, 10:47:05 am »
I have it working now :)

When a user is not logged in and a zip code is entered the package type used is from the international shipping package type option...regardless of the fact I'm using a domestic zip code.

When a user is logged in it recognizes correctly to use domestic shipping package type option.

Essentially, I had different shipping package type options selected for domestic vs. int'l but had limited the results to only show the shipping package type that was set for domestic. Hence, since non-logged in users are by default treated as int'l based on your code (regardless of a domestic zip code) no returned UPS results matched my settings.

To replicate this only allow for UPS Ground shipping under "Select authorized shipping methods". And under "Pick-up and Packaging" set domestic shipments to "package" and int'l shipments to "UPS Express Box". Now remain logged out and add a product to cart and enter a zip code domestic to the ship from of the product.

FYI, to figure this out it was helpful for me to see the xml generated by the shipping module debug, but as regular VISITOR (non-admin), meaning I had to find and remove your admin checks for debug output. Might consider removing that check or adding it as an option.

Thanks again for the help and this most excellent mod.

arueder

• Beginner
« Reply #799 on: August 10, 2012, 17:21:34 pm »
Is there a way to modify the ordering the service options appear in (ex. lowest - highest cost)?

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #800 on: August 10, 2012, 17:22:24 pm »
yes, you'd want to do that in the upsv2.php file, function list_rates();

arueder

• Beginner
« Reply #801 on: August 10, 2012, 17:35:04 pm »
yes, you'd want to do that in the upsv2.php file, function list_rates();

And how exactly would I accomplish this? My php skills are a bit on the weak side  ::)

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #802 on: August 10, 2012, 18:07:30 pm »
hmm, that might take a little doing.  the final_rates_array is really a key=>value mapping, with the key being the UPS code for the service.  IIRC correctly, it is ordered in the same order received from UPS, so I think probably a usort function would do it, and simply check the TotalCharges element of the value array. 

I know that doesn't help you much, needing a programmer, but if you want to find someone to take it on that should give them a big head start.

arueder

• Beginner
« Reply #803 on: August 10, 2012, 20:58:24 pm »
Thanks for the help Lowmips. I will see what I can do  ;D

arueder

• Beginner
« Reply #804 on: August 10, 2012, 22:14:00 pm »
Sorry to be a pain but how hard would it be to wrap each shipping method (UPS & USPS) and their listed shipping options in a div along with the UPS and USPS logo?

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #805 on: August 11, 2012, 14:23:06 pm »
Should be simple... just output a div with a class or id, then set your css options to size it, and include a background.  Or output a "wrapper" div with a div containing the image and a div containing the rates.  This would also be done in list_rates() somewhere.

softcorner

• Beginner
« Reply #806 on: October 12, 2012, 04:44:46 am »
One of my clients has been using VM1.1.4 with UPS v2 module. Lately they notice that their calculated shipping cost is much lower than the cost calculated by UPS web site https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US.

It is simple shipping they are using. Small items are ordered and bundled together (non is shipped separately). Each item weighs about 10.2 ounces and minimum order requires 15 items in any combinations. So a minimum order would be around 9.6lb consisting of either one single item or several items totaling 15 items. UPSv2 probably calculates rate for a 10lb single package. When the similar package is entered into the above UPS site (a 10lb single package for the same origin and destination address) it gives a higher price as compared to what UPSv2 calculates.

e.g UPSv2 gives $10.38 for a 9.6lb package while the above UPS website gives $15.14 (Shipping from Asheboro, NC 27203 to Kearney, NE 68845).

I used the original UPS module that came with VM1.1.4 and it gives exactly the same price as UPSv2 for bundled package (off course it does not calculate separate shipping rate for each item like UPSv2 can which my client is not using).

The "UPS Online Tools API URL" is set to https://www.ups.com:443/ups.app/xml/Rate in UPSv2. Is that correct or is it a test website? May be this is the problem?

softcorner

• Beginner
« Reply #807 on: October 12, 2012, 06:36:56 am »
The UPS website is actually adding Fuel Surcharge which has changed. 8% for Ground and 13.5% for Air shipping. Adding this to UPSv2 module (and UPSv1.1) I got the correct rates for Air shipping but ground shipping is still way too low. Does any one know why?

stutco

• Beginner
« Reply #808 on: March 05, 2013, 15:29:39 pm »
I am getting the error during the checkout process:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mypetcar/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/upsv2.php on line 1028

Here is the offending code:

/* XML Parsing */
         require_once( $mosConfig_absolute_path. '/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_include.php' );
         $xmlDoc =& new DOMIT_Lite_Document();
         $xmlDoc->parseXML( $xmlResult, false, true );

Any help?

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #809 on: March 05, 2013, 15:55:07 pm »
I am getting the error during the checkout process:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mypetcar/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/shipping/upsv2.php on line 1028

Here is the offending code:

/* XML Parsing */
         require_once( $mosConfig_absolute_path. '/includes/domit/xml_domit_lite_include.php' );
         $xmlDoc->parseXML( $xmlResult, false, true );

Any help?

Change this:

to this:
 $xmlDoc = new DOMIT_Lite_Document();