Author Topic: UPS v2.0 (multiple functionality additions)  (Read 300317 times)

quickturn

Re: UPS v2.0 Bundled and Unbundled Shipping
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 22:01:47 pm »
I have a template installed but again, I was able to edit products before this. I hope I ran the mySQL portion of this mod correctly. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I could even reverse the changes at this point. And of course, I didn't make backups.

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 22:25:03 pm »
I'd suggest downloading the latest stable Virtuemart package, then manually extract and overwrite the files listed in my README.TXT with the original versions.  Those are the only files I modified.  Then switch back to the original UPS module.

joomla\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\languages\product\english.php
joomla\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\product.product_form.php
joomla\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\product.product_display.php
joomla\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product.php

Keep in mind this was built for and tested on Joomla 1.5.x and VirtueMart 1.1.x.  If you are running this on any previous versions of either I cannot say what would happen.

You can manually drop the new field from the database using phpMyAdmin, but leaving it as is should be OK as well since nothing will use it once you revert back to the original files.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.
-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

quickturn

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 22:38:54 pm »
Thanks Reggie, if it wasn't for the product editing issue, this mod is perfect and exactly what I was looking for. I might even try to install it again, to see if it fixes the issue. of course, I'll make backups this time. :)

FYI: I am in fact using Joomla 1.5 and Virtuemart 1.1

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 22:54:28 pm »
Please try reinstalling the module first. I've made (and fixed) several typos that made it into the zip file over the past few days (see the Updates section above). It's worth a shot before you revert back anyway. =)

Reggie
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

quickturn

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 01:03:07 am »
Which file should I download?

vm_ups_v2.0_2008-11-09.zip

or

vm_ups_v2.0.zip

quickturn

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 01:13:33 am »
I'm still seeing "ship_alone2" in the sql file in each archive, by the way.

quickturn

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008, 01:31:11 am »
Ok, so I replaced your files with the VM install files one by one and tested after each file was replaced. As soon as I replaced the final file (joomla\administrator\components\com_virtuemart\classes\ps_product.php), I was able to edit products again.

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008, 01:34:24 am »
I'm still seeing "ship_alone2" in the sql file in each archive, by the way.
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know how that happened. I specifically remember checking the file 2 or 3 times before uploading it. I guess I shouldn't try to code when sick, huh?

-Reggie

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 01:35:22 am »
Which file should I download?
vm_ups_v2.0_2008-11-09.zip
or
vm_ups_v2.0.zip
vm_ups_v2.0.zip is an older version.
vm_ups_v2.0_2008-11-09.zip has updated functionality at the expense of one known bug. Once I get that bug worked out, I'll only have one download called vm_ups_v2.0.zip available, with all new code rolled into it.

quickturn

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 02:41:19 am »
So it looks like my configuration specifically has a problem with something within the ps_product.php file. Perhaps its another module or maybe the template I'm using? Not sure, either way ... thanks for taking time out of your schedule to create and support this useful module. Hopefully I'll get to use it at some point.

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
UPS v2.0.2008.11.14
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 17:15:20 pm »
Major Updates: 2008/11/14:
-Added support for modifying shipping cost by product. You can now give shipping discounts based on item type.
-implemented basic caching system to reduce network activity for shipments with multiple unbundled same weight packages
-implemented basic product info caching system to reduce database queries for shipments with multiple same items
-Added support for more than 50 shipments (UPS only allows 50 packages per rate request)
- Download file:_ups_v2.0_2008-11-14.zip
Please note, the bug from version UPSv2.0_2008-11-09.zip is still present in this version.  If you need to use the "UPS Worldwide Expedited SM" service, do not use this module!

I've tested this module with various test data with varying discounts for bundled and unbundled items, and hand calculated the resulting prices.  All test results equaled my hand calculations.  This was done with about 5 datasets.

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
UPS v2.0 Bundled and Unbundled Shipping
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2008, 22:37:01 pm »
Major Updates: 2008/11/17:
-Added support for declaring a shipping insurance value
-download file vm_ups_v2.0_2008-11-17.zip
Please note, the bug from version UPSv2.0_2008-11-09.zip is still present in this version.  If you need to use the "UPS Worldwide Expedited SM" service, do not use this module!

opwdecks

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2008, 13:37:45 pm »
Thanks! The Free Shipping for a particular product is exactly what I needed!
Scott Paul

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
UPS v2.0
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 16:05:14 pm »
Update: 2008/11/20
- archive vm_ups_2008-11-17.zip had incorrect product.product_display.php file.
Please download new file zip file and use the updated product.product_display.php within.  File size should be 9804 bytes.

Mike K.

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 18:18:49 pm »
I think you are on the right track with this..  and I'm glad someone is finally paying attention to the UPS module and its over 70 lb and inability to ship items separately.

We are getting an error that I would assume weights are not being transmitted correctly.

Error: UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.. Error Code: 111030, Error Description: Packages must weigh more than zero pounds.
UPS_Ground_FSC _FSC

The items had weights in the database...

One other question -  if we use the shipping modifier to allow certain items to ship free  (zero percent) -  are these items at 0% relegated to only shipping free?  Or can we add their weight into the cost if the user selects overnight or second day air for delivery method?   (In other words..  those items ship free if standard shipping is chosen -  but if the user picks overnight, then the "free ship" items are charged the more expensive overnight rates)

I guess most importantly -  any idea of whats causing the error?