News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Free Paypal Pro US ,Recurring, and PayPal Pro UK moudle for virtuemart

Started by cowboy1989, October 20, 2008, 04:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesH

Nice one! - have you got the Maestro/Switch options running too?

guilliam

JamesH good pointers. i have nothing to add. thanks for the input.
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.
^^If u read that in $GREEN, Argh!! u missed the HIGHLIGHTS and all the FUN!
www.joomlaconsultancy.net  |  www.astang.com

gbowman

I seemed to have got one step closer with the Paypal Pro UK system by editing the .cfg so that the partner is 'PayPalUK'.

Only now I get
Error: Invalid amount format. Use the format: "#####.##" Do not include currency symbols or commas.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_paypalprouk)

Presumably this is because $order_total includes the currency symbol?

any ideas?
Graham

Ironfox

Lee Wilson

I'm using the Virtuemart-Solutions product for paypal pro uk - thanks to JamesH for the information - really helped me to configure this quickly.

Couple of questions:

1) Did you get this to update to confirmed payment from awaiting payment ? Mine says successful, yet I dont get the confirmed email / status.

2) Does it pass the address information from joomla into paypal for your transactions ? I got debug on and it says  'Y' against all of the address stuff in the array - yet in paypal it says F against AVS and M against CSC code. Any ideas ?

3) With all the confusion over paypal.manager is there somehwere that I can test this further  without making payments ?

I'm using Joomla 1.5.8 and VM 1.1.2

Minz

JUST FEEL LIKE THANKING YOU FOR THE MODULE. I FINALLY REACHED TO THE END. I'LL DEFINITELY MAKE SOME DONATION IN THE NEAR FUTURE. YOU'RE ON MY LIST!  8)

THANKS AGAIN AND GOOD LUCK WITH ANYTHING!
MINZ

parivallald

Hello sir,

I used pay pal pro uk ,i given merchant id. but i cant able update password.

so i am getting error "Error: Failure in Processing the Payment. Technical Note: The required passwird is empty! The payment method settings must be reviewed.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_paypalprouk)".

i was tried to update the "password" but not updating.

Can please kindly give advice to me.

Thanks
pari

brandonjp

Sorry...I know this is gonna seem like a dumb question, but... to use the PayPal Pro module, do you have to pay the $30 per month PayPal fee to have the PayPal "Website Payments Pro" business account?

I got everything installed, but keeping having errors and now I think that's why  :)

Lee Wilson

That will probably be your reson ;-)

The pro version allows you to take monies like a credit card facility i.e. does not redirect you to paypal pages, and yes it's £20 per month ( but looks more professional), you will probably need a SSL license as well.

Of course you can use a free paypal module that will redirect you to the paypal screen (i.e. ebay type payments). I give my customers the choice of either.

brandonjp

Thanks for the reply, Lee.

We've got the SSL and we're using the free module that comes with VM that redirects to PayPal, but we're getting so many emails from VirtueMart when people finish the order on our page, but they never actually pay on the PayPal screen, so our order list is full of bogus orders. 

Am I missing something?  Is there anyway around that.... 

I'm a bit off-topic now, but anyone willing to PM would be MUCH appreciated.

Lee Wilson

I've had a few orders like that, I think some of them are developers - as we have our site posted on a few joomls 'showroom' sites.

Before we went live we also had an issue with the incorrect amounts being passed through to paypal, have you tried a few dummy orders yourself to make sure shipping / tax and totals are correct through to paypal ?

Another thing we did was send a generic mail to those who did not complete orders to ask if they had any issues / concerns / queries etc. We even sent a few discount codes to these people, some of which then came back and ordered.

If your conversion rate (actual sales) is low then maybe you need to look at how competitive you are ? Again these are more business orientated than technical issues.

Cheers

Lee

hubfub

Quote from: parivallald on January 21, 2009, 06:55:43 AM
Hello sir,

I used pay pal pro uk ,i given merchant id. but i cant able update password.

so i am getting error "Error: Failure in Processing the Payment. Technical Note: The required passwird is empty! The payment method settings must be reviewed.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_paypalprouk)".

i was tried to update the "password" but not updating.

Can please kindly give advice to me.

Thanks
pari

I also get this error message

Do I just put in my paypal email address and paypal password?

I already have a verified paypal pro account (the one you pay £20 per month for)

0zz1

what is the difference in the uk and us... i need one for euro so should i take either one of these and change something in it?

christoff

Wow, what a headache.

Who would've thought setting up a major payment process (PayPal Pro) with a globally used shopping cart (Virtuemart) would be such a tough task.

I do lay the vast majority of blame firmly at PayPals feet. Why their list of shopping carts doesn't include Virtumart is anyones guess. Full kudos to the VM developers for providing an incredible piece of coding for free. It'd be lovely if this Paypal Pro UK functionality was built in tho, or even offered for sale through you guys.

JamesH - if you're still watching this thread I thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. It's been a tremendous help to me. I only wish I'd found it sooner before having spent nearly 2 weeks p!ssing around with this!

I took your advice and plumped for the e-commerce solution. It does seem be almost working!

>:( I'm getting the Error Code 1/User authentication failed though & despite trying as many combinations as I can of normal login name/password & API user/password I just cannot seem to overcome what I hope is the final hurdle.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - especially from any members who have the e-commerce component functioning for the UK Paypal Pro.

I for one think this thread should be stickied (with a more relevant title) & attached to every Virtuemart download (!) as it seems to be the most definitive on this subject in all the internets in all the multiverses!

Thanks to all contributors, especially JAMESH.
STICKY! STICKY! STICKY! STICKY! STICKY! STICKY! STICKY! STICKY! STICKY! STICKY!