Author Topic: Override html/product.product_list.php from component  (Read 8888 times)

mholly

• Beginner
Override html/product.product_list.php from component
« on: March 10, 2010, 18:05:36 pm »
Hi,

I want to override the administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/product.product_list.php file from a component or module.

Is this possible, or must I replace this file while installing my component (this would be a core hack).

Greetings,

mholly

svetkin

• Beginner
Re: Override html/product.product_list.php from component
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 14:40:38 pm »
I need the same

Svetlio

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 12:18:37 pm »
Yes, you can directly overwrite the administrator/components/com_virtuemart/html/product.product_list.php file implementing your code modifications.

There is no need to include it in the VirtueMart installation package and reinstall the component.

Still, it will be wise to keep the original file under a different name. In this way if there is a problem with your modifications you can always restore the file from your backup.
SiteGround Technical Support Team Member. Check out our special VirtueMart hosting package

lipes

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 14:57:18 pm »
Hi.
This file that you talk about "product.product_list.php" is located on virtuemart administration? When we click on products view?

I'm trying to discover where a can change/edit some values on columns ...

See my post please.... it could be usefull to make virtuemart product administration more fast, easy and nice!
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=85119.0

Thanks for any help
VM V. online: J2.5.14 | VM 2.0.20a | SQL 5.1.70 | PHP 5.3.25

Hanin

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 19:46:05 pm »
Yes, you have done an amazing job prolipes. Thanks a lot. Have been looking for a solution to this problem and thanks to you I don't have to look anymore :)

bryanuk

• Beginner
    • flights to Thailand
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 18:56:11 pm »
It is nice way for modifications. Thanks.