Author Topic: Menu link to form login for virtueMart  (Read 32491 times)

cuxi

• Beginner
Menu link to form login for virtueMart
« on: October 17, 2008, 17:03:14 pm »
I create item menu( with name is login) in menu top. I want item menu( login) link to form login for VirtueMart. When i click menu login then display form login.
How make it?

jvillegas

• Beginner
    • My Personal site
Re: Menu link to form login for virtueMart
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 02:16:48 am »
I also want to know.... anyone? i have a problem with this also.. i've created an image and put login text there and put it in a module position but i don't know what URL am I going to put there.
Joomla 1.5.9
VirtueMart 1.1.2

SFG

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 09:56:44 am »
I've been searching the forums for hours now but i couldn't find any useful information to this subject.
I as well wish to put a simple link on my main menu to a login form, so far no luck. Best option could be to create the menu as virtuemart component and set the page to account.index but it shows an ugly error message on top of the page (you must be registered to access this module)... at least it shows the login form though.
Other alternatives i found are:
1 = set the menu item to the joomla login page, but if the user is not registered and/or tries to register then the user is not registered to VM so he will get to register again when placing an order.
2 = set the menu item to a virtuemart component and use shop.registration as default page, this should be THE option but in this case it shows the login form AND the registration fields for new users - and i don't want that.
Besides, i am having an issue here: while i see on other sites that  the page shows login AND registration form on my shop it shows only the registration form.. which is useless to my intended use :)

What we are all looking for is a login form, exactly like the joomla login form, that only shows the username, password fields and links to registration/username and password recovery. (and probably the ability to customize this login page appearance with an image of choice and/or text)

Thanks anyone for any answer I (we) might get.
In the meanwhile i'll keep searching the forum to see if the question has been answered already (but so far i've had no luck searching)

PS: i've read the manual but sadly there's nothing about frontpage login configuration settings so please don't tell me RTFM :)

SFG

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 09:57:50 am »
Erhm, i didn't notice that the original post wasn't in the VM 1.1 section..
I'll post there

jschafer52

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 21:58:22 pm »
I ideas or fixes for this login yet?  I have been looking all over for a login/ registration page that i can link to from a menu.

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 11:42:48 am »
Does not need a fix, as it can already be done in Joomla!

If you publish the VirtueMart login module, mod_virtuemart_login which is part of the complete package then that can appear wherever you want to place it on a Joomla page as long as there is a suitable user position. So you could place it in position above maincontent if your J! template allows it. Maybe just have an image or some advertising in the main content position? This module already has a link to the registration page if someone does not already have an account.

If you just want to create a menu link to the registration page then make a Joomla! menu url link to the reg page - something like index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.registration&Itemid=41

Alternatively
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.10 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM 3.5.0.10097 on Joomla 3.9.10

cmstech.dk

• Beginner
    • cmstech.dk
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 22:01:27 pm »
There is a very easy way to do this.

1. Create an article and call it login.
2. In you article conten write {loadposition vmlogin}
3. Save your article
4. go to module managment and ad new module "Virtuemart Login"
5. In module position write vmlogin.
6. publish and save your module
7. Go to menu managment and create a new menu link, choose article layout.
8. choose the article you named login and save.

There you have it... A login page, directly from your main menu.

Cheers...

Good thoughts - Good Words - Good deeds.

dj_hardbeat

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 07:47:35 am »
Excellent! Thank you..... Did not know this up to now  ;D

alainmarsol

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 20:20:15 pm »
Really appreciable.
I didn't knew about this.
Thanks.
------------------------------
piscine en bois

baggiesmad

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 11:12:38 am »
excellent, thanks!

vienna_os

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 07:16:50 am »
HI cmstech.dk

I tried your solution but instead of giving the new module the position vmlogin, I gave him another position "showcase" because the vmlogin position is not supported by the used template.
I have configured the new created module to be shown only if someone click the menu link. Now if I click on the menu link the login modul is displayed two times, one time in the content and one time in the modul position.
Any idea how I can solve this problem ?

I use the myxx template.

thanks in advance

nhradeuce

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 19:42:47 pm »
I tried your solution but instead of giving the new module the position vmlogin, I gave him another position "showcase" because the vmlogin position is not supported by the used template.
Go back and do it exactly as described by cmstech.dk. Even though your template does not have the vmlogin position available, you can type that name in to the drop down selector. By typing in the name of a module position that does not exist in the template you avoid having to mess around with where it displays or doesn't display. Try it, it works.

EsSa55

• 4FootyFans & 4MovieTVmusicFans
  • Skype Name: talk2-4footyfans
  • VirtueMart Version: Live: 3.4.2
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 14:55:30 pm »
Thanks, cmstech.dk

rohdimp24

• Beginner
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 04:34:42 am »
Thanks, cmstech.dk
That solution helped me.
In addition to the login links, I want an account maintainence link. Can you help me on that ?

luwe

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 17:50:30 pm »