Author Topic: Change default state/region field?  (Read 6789 times)

Bill Watkins

• Beginner
Change default state/region field?
« on: June 19, 2008, 18:41:20 pm »
Hi All,

I've searched and found nothing on this: is there a way to change the default state/region to a particular selection?  For example, all sales for this one site are only done locally which involves the state of Colorado.  Can the default state be made into Colorado instead of the first in the list?  If so, how is this done?  Will it require some form of hack?  I would like the option to select other states, especially for billing purposes as this does happen once in awhile.

I know when making forms, there is always a way to do this within the html.  However, I cannot find a way to change this via "Manage User Fields" via the admin of VirtueMart 1.1 (with J!1.5).  Am I missing something?

Thanks!
BW

Daniel.uww

• Your-Domain-Pick: Purchase Your Domain Name
Re: Change default state/region field?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 18:36:13 pm »
I would like to know the answer to this as well. ;D
Running VM 1.1.3 and Joomla! 1.5

http://www.yourdomainpick.com Purchase Your Domain Name

zvezda

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 16:50:49 pm »
I'm looking for that change as well? any news? have someone solved it yet?
or any other idea?
thanks

woonydanny

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 23:11:17 pm »
im looking for the answer to this as well. anyone know how to make the default state one of our choosing.

thanks

conquesttrade

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 12:57:01 pm »
There's probably a simple way to do it by going into the back end, one of the scripts will have the regions listed and you could probably order them.

No idea where to look though.

GBain22

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 14:27:11 pm »
Hi, I'm desperate to find out how this is achieved. So far ive gathered, the Javascript actually puts the list together, if you disable JS then the states are not trimmed down to states contained in the country, it just populates a list of all the states in the database. It is not ordered by ID, it seems to be either alphabetic or some form of natural order (which I can't work out). Has anyone else found anything out?

Cheers, Garry.