Author Topic: USPS v5 - Bundled and Unbundled shipping  (Read 245151 times)

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
Re: USPSv5 - Bundled and Unbundled shipping
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 17:33:50 pm »
copy and paste everything from the upsv2.sql file into your phpMyAdmin "sql query" window.

-Reggie
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

official

• Beginner
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 02:35:46 am »
Could you kindly walk me through the steps with detailed directions as I am not that advanced on PHP?

Thank you very much in advance

official

• Beginner
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 03:00:46 am »
DISREGARD!  I got it figured out... I just could not find myphpadmin... but did.

My site is up and running!

www.officialinvestigations.com

official

• Beginner
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 03:46:00 am »
I am not getting a quote for a medium size box even though I have that function turned on...  I have v5.2 installed.

I had my weights entered as 8.0000 ounces and when it was sending to the server, it was converting it to 50 pounds, so I switched back to 1 pound

Here is what I am getting in XML from the USPS in Debug

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RateV3Response><Package ID="0"><ZipOrigination>45239</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>45231</ZipDestination><Pounds>1</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="23"><MailService>Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Guarantee</MailService><Rate>27.50</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="25"><MailService>Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope Sunday/Holiday Guarantee</MailService><Rate>30.00</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="2"><MailService>Express Mail Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>15.00</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="27"><MailService>Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>17.50</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Express Mail</MailService><Rate>15.00</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="13"><MailService>Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>17.50</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="16"><MailService>Priority Mail Flat-Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="28"><MailService>Priority Mail Small Flat-Rate Box</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="17"><MailService>Priority Mail Regular/Medium Flat-Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>10.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="22"><MailService>Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box</MailService><Rate>13.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>Parcel Post</MailService><Rate>4.90</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="5"><MailService>Bound Printed Matter</MailService><Rate>2.33</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail</MailService><Rate>2.38</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail</MailService><Rate>2.26</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV3Response>

I re-ran it again and got the following with the medium flat rate box turned on:

<Package ID="0"><Service>All</Service><ZipOrigination>45239</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>45231</ZipDestination><Pounds>1</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable></Package></RateV3Request>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RateV3Response><Package ID="0"><ZipOrigination>45239</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>45231</ZipDestination><Pounds>1</Pounds><Ounces>0</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable><Zone>1</Zone><Postage CLASSID="23"><MailService>Express Mail Sunday/Holiday Guarantee</MailService><Rate>27.50</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="25"><MailService>Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope Sunday/Holiday Guarantee</MailService><Rate>30.00</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="2"><MailService>Express Mail Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>15.00</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="27"><MailService>Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope Hold For Pickup</MailService><Rate>17.50</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Express Mail</MailService><Rate>15.00</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="13"><MailService>Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>17.50</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="16"><MailService>Priority Mail Flat-Rate Envelope</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="28"><MailService>Priority Mail Small Flat-Rate Box</MailService><Rate>4.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="17"><MailService>Priority Mail Regular/Medium Flat-Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>10.35</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="22"><MailService>Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box</MailService><Rate>13.95</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>Parcel Post</MailService><Rate>4.90</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="5"><MailService>Bound Printed Matter</MailService><Rate>2.33</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="6"><MailService>Media Mail</MailService><Rate>2.38</Rate></Postage><Postage CLASSID="7"><MailService>Library Mail</MailService><Rate>2.26</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV3Response>

But I only see Parcel Post, Regular Priority Mail and Express Mail displayed... The regular/medium flat rate box information is not showing as an option even though it is turned ON.

Also, there is no option to turn on the SMALL FLAT RATE BOX

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 04:04:53 am »
Hi,
Here's how it works:
1) The module asks USPS to reply with all available rates for a given weight and source/dest zip.
2) USPS server replies with all available rates
3) The module displays only those rates that were returned AND match up with the list of checked services in the administration

So, even though you've checked a certain service in the administration back end, that does not guarantee that a rate will be returned.

However, looking at your XML, a "medium" box is listed in the same service as "regular":
<MailService>Priority Mail Regular/Medium Flat-Rate Boxes</MailService><Rate>10.35</Rate>
I'm not up to speed on any changes in verbage on USPS's end, but it appears that they are one and the same.  Perhaps change the USPS_SHIP8_TEXT line in uspsv5.cfg.php and uspsv5.php to reflect this fact?

As for the 8 ounces/50 lbs thing, that is on my TODO list of fixes.  For now leave all sub-pound items at 1lb.

-Reggie

edit: I see you're updating your post =)
I'll look at this again tomorrow.

edit2: Yes, I'm quite sure that there has at some point been another change in verbage.  The USPS modules use a textual comparison of the MailService names rather than a numeric comparison of the CLASSID to determine if the returned rate matches one of your selected rates.  So, anytime USPS changes the MailService text, the module will not recognize it.  This was the original behavior I built upon.

Therefore, change the necessary text in the config file as well as in the main file's write_configuration() function to reflect this change.  I'll update my module and post the update soon.

If anyone would like to underwrite changing the way USPS determines returned results please contact me.
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

official

• Beginner
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 04:25:53 am »
Your recommendation to change the code, fixed the issue!!!

official

• Beginner
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2009, 04:28:11 am »
In your next update, please add the small flat rate box to the possible options as it is not listed now... or could you kindly give me the code and I will add it.

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2009, 04:29:07 am »
Great. See my previous post for an explanation why.  I'd like to change the way the module works, but it would take time. It's on my (long) TODO list but an underwriter would push it to the top of my list.

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2009, 04:32:37 am »
In your next update, please add the small flat rate box to the possible options as it is not listed now... or could you kindly give me the code and I will add it.
Small flat rate boxes are already included, and is actually listed in your XML reply. Something sounds broken.  I'll have to look at it another time. Signing off for the night.

-Reggie

official

• Beginner
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2009, 04:35:39 am »
Thanks... it loaded it correctly once... Now, it is not listing it again.

Hmmmm Not sure what is going on.

Have a great nite and thanks for your help!

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 18:05:24 pm »
Hi,
Download the new archive and replace all your files with the new ones. I looked into the small flat-rate box issue and found the problem (carbon-based error).  It should now show up as an option in the config.

-Reggie

official

• Beginner
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 23:52:48 pm »
I just re-downloaded 5.2 and the small flat rate box is not showing up yet.

lowmips

• Global Moderator
    • lowmips.com
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2009, 02:02:25 am »
I've tested by installing on a fresh VM1.1.3, works just fine on my end. Are you sure you replaced all files and re-ran the config?

-Reggie

edit: it's version 5.3 now, are you sure you got the new download?

abycats312

• Beginner
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2009, 03:34:48 am »
Reggie,

I see in earlier posts that the USPS does not return rates for less than 1 pound. Well, all of my products are under 1 pound--anywhere from 2oz.-8oz. soaps and bath products. I configured my own Shipper with first class rates for these small weights and enabled the USPSv3 module that came with VM download. I'm getting some priority mail options returned, but not all flat rate box options. I disabled flat rate priority envelopes and all express mail, but they still come up. Basically, the old module isn't working very well.

My question to you before I go through the v5 install: Since v5 returns inaccurate rates for my small sized products (i.e. 8oz comes back with 50 lb. rates according to earlier post), do you think that with my having configured my own first class rates for small orders, I will get accurate priority mail rates for customers who would like that option and for larger orders that first class won't handle?

And hope of all hopes, please correct me if I'm wrong and your module/USPS will return accurate first class rates for small orders under 1 lb.

Thank you for all your help here,
Cynthia, using VM 1.1.3

official

• Beginner
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2009, 16:21:12 pm »
I can't find the link to 5.3 on your website (lowmips).  Can you provide the link?