Author Topic: Greek translation problems  (Read 6625 times)

raster

• Beginner
Greek translation problems
« on: October 04, 2008, 22:15:08 pm »
OK, I used the Language manager, uploaded the files and automatically the language changed, but...
It seems that the UTF-8 support doesn't work that good; greek text comes back in weird symbols. Any idea?

GlobeTrotter

• Translator Team
  • Beginner
    • e-travel.net
Re: Greek translation problems
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 18:38:52 pm »
The language files for Greek in Language Pack are not UTF-8 but iso-8859-7

So, either open and save as utf-8 (using a suitable editor or dreamweaver) OR search at www.joomla.gr's forum... You'll find the correct greek language files in utf-8

Mikki

raster

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 20:10:13 pm »
The fact is that the greek translation for virtuemart is not in iso-8859-7 but in iso-8859-1 (english)! I changed that to iso-8859-7 BUT here came another problem; I can't change permissions so to upload them (both through Cpanel's Filemanager and through FTP). It won't work through zipping them (even if I put it one by one, when I upload them it gets me back an error of "a language-something.php should be there", but I really can't find any such file when I unzip the original language pack for Virtuemart. Any Greek user around?

raster

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 20:11:55 pm »
That last thing happen when I'm trying to upload the Language Pack through Language Manager; just in case someone thinks I haven't already done that...:)