Author Topic: Joomfish 2.0 RC with Joomla 1.5.6 and VM 1.1  (Read 11910 times)

Larry Rooney

• Beginner
Joomfish 2.0 RC with Joomla 1.5.6 and VM 1.1
« on: September 11, 2008, 20:15:55 pm »
I have been long awaiting the ability to use these extensions together with joomla 1.5 as are many other people I would presume. I have no wish to revert to the old 1.0.x joomla and previous VM and Joomfish. I understand that it takes a while to work out the wrinkles in joomla 1.5 and extensions so I am not criticizing anyone. The main problem is translating product descriptions.

I have two questions:
Has anyone succeeded to date in making VM and the new Joomfish work together on joomla 1.5?

I am primarily concerned with English and Polish of which of course English is no problem but although having installed Polish admin/site language pack I can find no  way to translate product descriptions into Polish even when making Polish the default. I have never been able to find any documentation on how VM handles language translation. I was under the impression that I should see Virtuemart in Joomfish since I have the language pack for VM Polish installed and Joomfish shows Polish.

X_Burner

• Beginner
Re: Joomfish 2.0 RC with Joomla 1.5.6 and VM 1.1
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 22:24:17 pm »
Hi !

Im also interessted if anyone got VM 1.1 running with Joomfish on joomla 1.5 ;)

Greetz

X_Burner

Larry Rooney

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 19:30:11 pm »
Quite interesting that there is no comment on this very important issue.

bentbirkmend

• Beginner
    • Design'R'us - Trendy Webdesign
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 11:40:44 am »
This is definitely a very important issue. Joomfish worked great with the old Joomla version - and there is a big need for this also to work in the new version.

When do you expect Joomfish/Virtuemart to work together again?  :-\
Frank Lauridsen
Webdesigner
www.designRus.dk

Larry Rooney

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 16:20:07 pm »
I can only guess of course. I think they will solve this problem soon because they must. It would be interesting to know why the problem exists really. The silence about this issue is deafening.

GlobeTrotter

• Translator Team
  • Beginner
    • e-travel.net
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 15:42:36 pm »
Hi, all...

I'm currently working on a site incorporating Joomla 1.5.7, VirtueMart 1.1.2 and JoomFish 2.0RC with 4 languages in total (english, dutch, german and greek) and JoomSEF 3.2.1 with the appropriate VM extension (ver 2.0.0)

All seems to work fine so far (following instractions on JF's forum)... All you need to do is add the required XML files (VM_CE.zip) and alter the attributes table by adding a unique ID

For JoomSEF to work with JoomFish you have to disable JF's router plugin and leave JoomSEF's own router plugin

Link: http://griekse-keuken.e-travel.net.gr

Regards

Mikki

PS Forgot to mention that there might be some missing language strings for languages other than english and that all language files should be UTF-8 (Language Pack lacks greek in utf-8)

X_Burner

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 15:45:27 pm »
Hi Mikki !

Well done ;)

How did you realized it?
May be you can post a short tutorial ?

Greetz

X_Burner

Larry Rooney

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 17:33:28 pm »
Mikki I was checking out your site. http://griekse-keuken.e-travel.net.gr I can see you have installed the language packs but I can see no evidence of you having succeeded in adding products with description translations. All I see is the basic default installation of joomla with VM and language packs. Please post if you actually succeed in solving this problem. There must be thousands of people waiting.

GlobeTrotter

• Translator Team
  • Beginner
    • e-travel.net
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 20:57:31 pm »
Site is still under development... Please check back in 1-2 days when more products will be online with translations too...

For now check http://www.artio.net/en/support-forums/joomla-extensions/virtuemart-1-1-2-breadcrumbs-problem about a small bug in VM's breadcrumbs

Mikki

Larry Rooney

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 16:21:26 pm »
Thank you very much for your reply and this tip. I will be waiting to see how you do with VM with bated breath.

vitovito

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 14:50:01 pm »
Same problem

Larry Rooney

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 15:44:06 pm »
Perhaps this problem is solved. http://www.joomfish.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1073 I have not finished all my installation so that I can test it but it seems to work.