News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Building UPS Shipping Label Mod - need ideas

Started by sacramentojoe, September 27, 2008, 04:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sacramentojoe

I've got a client that wants me to add the ability to do shipping labels from within VM. I think I'm going to add it to the orders page, next to where you can update the status of the order while it's in the "list" view.
I plan on providing my code to the community after he pays me to create it.
I'm asking the community for ideas on how this should work.
Of course I've got my own ideas, but if I can make it generic enough to appease everybody, that'd be ideal.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Joe

lowmips

I've considered attempting to add this functionality as well.  I was going to put a button in about the same place as you described.

Sounds good! Would love to see this added.  Will you be making it generic enough to be able to add this for any shipper?

ps. please also add USPS labeling abilities *grin*
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

iefow

This is really interesting. I was looking for something like this as it would be a real timesaver.

I've got some thing that I'd like to have on the label, besides the basics off course like (address and tracking number). That would be the receivers phone number in case of questions during shipping and our contact details + a "free text field". This text field could say anything you'd want, which could be useful for a slogan or something. I'd use it to put a message in bold "only deliver at the recipients address", to avoid troubles when he/she isn't home and the package is delivered to the neighbour.

Would be great if you could let us know how your project is going sacramentojoe!