Author Topic: How to better combact credit card fraud with downloadable products?  (Read 3531 times)

audiopleb

• Beginner
I sell downloadable products. Recently someone bought something and paid for it with a stolen credit card.

They downloaded their product as the payment went through, but obviously i (paypal) had to return the money and i now have lost out.

Does anyone have any idea how i can protect against this better with downloadable products?

Any help / advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Guru2085

• Beginner
Re: How to better combact credit card fraud with downloadable products?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 00:41:47 am »
I sell downloadable products. Recently someone bought something and paid for it with a stolen credit card.
They downloaded their product as the payment went through, but obviously i (paypal) had to return the money and i now have lost out.
Does anyone have any idea how i can protect against this better with downloadable products?
Any help / advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

want you can do is setup your shopping cart as a catalogue and add some form of notes next to your products for them to call you, so u can contact there bank, get the voice authorization center, and let them verify that info is correct with card. and user. the voice authorization center will let u know if its there card when u speak with someone. and if it is there card u can manually run the sale your self. or setup virtuemart to just capture the info then u authorize it your self by calling the voice authorization center your self.

sparkiii

• Beginner
Re: How to better combact credit card fraud with downloadable products?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 01:10:38 am »
I know 2CO (www.2checkout.com)do a fraud check on all cards before confirming payment. Dont ask me though how to get any other automation going with them as I am still battling through that.