Author Topic: making sef friendly additions  (Read 2814 times)

sobers_2002

• Beginner
making sef friendly additions
« on: September 24, 2008, 07:40:43 am »
Hi all,

If I am adding new files to the existing virtuemart installation, what do I have to do to make the new pages sh404sef friendly ?? Meaning, they should be generating nice URLs.

thanks
Saurabh

Syntax Terror

• Beginner
    • Practical Magic
Re: making sef friendly additions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:45:12 am »
Hi all,
If I am adding new files to the existing virtuemart installation, what do I have to do to make the new pages sh404sef friendly ?? Meaning, they should be generating nice URLs.
thanks
Saurabh

If you mean with files that you are adding new products, and you use sh404sef, those friendly URL's will automaticly be created for you.

Say you add productx X to category Y. After making it, just visit your site as regular visitor, browse the Y category, you will see your new product there (obviously) and when you click it you should see it points to a SEO friendly URL already.

I use virtuemart on the websites: Practical Magic & Zauberhafte Geschenke

sobers_2002

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 15:34:12 pm »
nah, I was talking about additions to the virtuemart functionality by additions of new php scripts. Like for eg a new order view page.

Anyways, I found the solution in the file com_virtuemart.php under components/com_sh404sef/sef_ext

Syntax Terror

• Beginner
    • Practical Magic
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 14:39:32 pm »
nah, I was talking about additions to the virtuemart functionality by additions of new php scripts. Like for eg a new order view page.
Anyways, I found the solution in the file com_virtuemart.php under components/com_sh404sef/sef_ext

:-) thanks for sharing I'm sure that will come in handy for me in the near future.
I use virtuemart on the websites: Practical Magic & Zauberhafte Geschenke