Author Topic: Msql Security  (Read 2163 times)

sahal

• Beginner
Msql Security
« on: September 18, 2008, 02:28:10 am »
Hi Guys just a quick questions hoping you can help

I am about to upload my website to my host however because I am running VirtueMart I need to make sure its secure, however in Myphpadmin I know where to change the privliges and passwords but I have three options

localhost
productions.mysql.com

All the usernames say ROOT

I am not sure what I have to set new passwords on and weather or not the change the usernames or create new ones. All should they all be marked as " ALL PRIVILEGES "

Any guides on exactly what to do to change the passwords and the username would be great as well.

Can anyone help please? Im sorry if this is a really stupid question however I need some help and as this is the officail forum for VirtueMart I thought this would be the best place to ask how to keep everything secure

Thanks in advance

sahal

• Beginner
Re: Msql Security
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 08:09:20 am »
Just is case this helps I am on Virtuemart 1.1.0 I gave tried to upgrade to the latest however keep getting a error

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ps_function::getFuncPermissions() in C:\wamp\www\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart_parser.php on line 193

If someone can also suggest a way to resolve this... i understand this is the securty section however instead of making a topic in another section I just thought it might be easier asking here however, if its better I will ask in there