Author Topic: Cart empty in checkout! HELP!  (Read 5073 times)

Scott Ackerman

• Usable Web Solutions
Cart empty in checkout! HELP!
« on: September 16, 2008, 16:28:29 pm »
I have a VM 1.1.2 install with Joomla 1.0.15, MySQL 5.0.27, PHP 5.1.6. Site URL http://www.modelrollercoasterhq.com . I have an SSL certificate setup for a dedicated IP address and installed. Everything was working fine yesterday afternoon. Today when I go to checkout (switch to HTTPS) it immediately shows that there are no items in my cart. If I hit the 'back' (switch back to HTTP) button it shows the items in my cart. I have disabled all Joomla caching, turned off sh404SEF, restarted Apache to absolutely no avail. If I go into VM and change the security settings to go to http instead of https then everything is working just fine. I turned on debug mode to see if for some reason I was getting a different session ID generated when going into HTTPS and it is the same session ID. This is absolutely killing me! Nothing in the VM settings or Joomla settings has changed from yesterday afternoon to the best of my knowledge.
Scott Ackerman
Fort Collins, CO 80524

Scott Ackerman

• Usable Web Solutions
Re: Cart empty in checkout! SSL
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 19:20:30 pm »
Okay, more information. I had a backed up copy of the site from yesterday noon. I installed it at a subdomain. When I went to check out I had to manually verify the SSL certificate because it was for the primary domain but not the subdomain, but other than that checkout worked perfectly. So I figured that something got corrupted and restored the backup file from yesterday to the primary domain. I went and deleted all of the cookies on my computer related to the primary domain and when to make a purchase and checkout and I get the exact same problem. When switching to HTTPS for checkout I get the response 'Your Cart is currently empty.' however if I go back to a shop page and click 'Show Cart' it has my items in it. WTF????? I am having no warnings with the SSL when I go into HTTPS. I have restarted Apache several times.
Scott Ackerman
Fort Collins, CO 80524

Scott Ackerman

• Usable Web Solutions
Re: Cart empty in checkout! HELP!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 19:55:07 pm »
There is definitely a problem with VM in all of this, as when I check the 'Generally prevent HTTPS connections' and then try to check out it doesn't even give me the 'Your cart is empty', in fact it does not redirect me to the HTTPS page at all and just returns me to the same page.
Scott Ackerman
Fort Collins, CO 80524

Scott Ackerman

• Usable Web Solutions
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 00:52:57 am »
Well I didn't solve the problem but I found a 'workaround'. I had to turn of suPHP on this domain. Which of course means that now apache is the owner of everything, ugghhh! Any ideas at all? Please?
Scott Ackerman
Fort Collins, CO 80524

cybatek

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 05:23:15 am »
I agree I have seen the same problem, and I dont have a fix yet. It seems to be a session thing: the firstime you go from cart to checkout you get 'your cart is empty'; if you then browse the shop and put something else in the cart - check cart - click checkout link, it works fine