Author Topic: Confused with Weird SSL Redirecting  (Read 2028 times)

dandaman

• Beginner
Confused with Weird SSL Redirecting
« on: September 12, 2008, 21:22:03 pm »
I'm having a really weird problem.  You can view the site at this URL:
http://www.fcci.org/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=85

So, first, when you add a product, it gives you the "Notice" window but not the "Item has been added to your cart"-style message.  That's the the end of the world.  But, if you click Continue, sometimes the page blows up with an AJAX request that doesn't seem to work exactly.

After adding a product or two, click on "Checkout", where it decides it's going to switch to SSL.  The next page I get is the shopping cart over SSL, except this time it has no products.

I'm not sure what the problem is.  I originally installed VirtueMart 1.1.0 and patched up to 1.1.2, I believe, and that fixed some problems, but obviously there's a bit more problems.  I saw a recommendation to copy the full 1.1.2 files to make sure that the patch didn't miss anything, and that also fixed an error or two.  But these errors are still preventing me from launching the store.

Interestingly enough, it seems that some of the cookies and session data are getting recognized, because the listing of who is logged in stays across the SSL and non-SSL connections.  However, the cart contents do not transfer between the SSL and non-SSL connections.  Any ideas of why this would be and how I can fix it would be helpful.  I have looked at our hosting settings and the system is using a standard set-up where both the SSL and non-SSL system is using the same filesystem contents.

Any ideas and help regarding this issue would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dan Ficker

ltllzrd

• Little Lizard Web Design
Re: Confused with Weird SSL Redirecting
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 03:55:22 am »
I added something to the cart and your layout changed. The Virtuemart module moved to the top. This happened both in IE and Firefox.

Try securing the account AND checkout pages. Something is definitely amiss here.

What version of Joomla are you running?

Joomla 1.5.7 - VM 1.1.2
Saving the Internet from blinking text and animated dogs, one site at a time.

TRIZUNKY

• Beginner
Re: Confused with Weird SSL Redirecting
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 22:03:39 pm »
Ithink i am having the same type of error here, a notice pops up after you add to cart showing my homepage.????