News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Bringing the Paypal currency issue back to the fore

Started by draftvader, September 08, 2008, 19:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draftvader

This has appeared in many forums before, but nothing has been conclusively done yet.  Many people are looking for a solution to this problem and it has come to kick me hard tonight  :-\

When passing the pricing from Virtuemart 1.1.2 to Paypal everything is fine in my base currency £GBP.  When passing the pricing in another currency everything is fine in Virtuemart, but the code being passed to Paypal doesn't seem to be understood.  The end result is that the amount in the foreign currency never matches and is either the currency converted twice or half.  I have followed a piece of advice to change the paypal config from

vendor_currency

to

product_currency

and this seemed to work and we received 2 nice orders in US$ and Euro.  Today we received our first order in £GBP since this edit and Paypal charged them the £GBP amount in US$ and we have just spent a confusing 20 minutes resolving this issue with the customer.  aaggghhh!!!

I am NOT a decent app developer, but this needs to be resolved by somebody that is.  This is a mission critical transaction and could be a reason for people to hold off virtuemart.

OK, have said my two-penneth (and the rest), but I and others seem to think this is major (no matter how impossible Paypal's website is to find anything on).

:(

Apart from that Virtuemart is a killer app....thankyou thankyou thankyou (this doesn't mean that we're not watching ;) )

weeonesbyjajoc

has no one figured this out yet?  Same thing is happening here from CAD to USD and vice versa ...