Author Topic: Translate language ?  (Read 7775 times)

secounds

• Beginner
Translate language ?
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:58:29 pm »
Hello. I having big problems figure out how I can get a new language to the virtuemart?

I have tried to right my url and copy this over;
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/

But i cant do any change there.

And when iam tyring to download a language package it says that iam missing the XML-file.

SilviaHowe

• Beginner
Re: Translate language ?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 09:42:38 am »
You must reach this folder manually, I go there thought control panel on the server.
After that, open the folders and add this language file/.php/ in every corresponding folder, as copy and paste, or as FTP transfer. You must be able to see this yourLanguage.php file in every folder.
 If you done already changes on site and administration language, VMart will show you this language on the screen.
I hope this will help

secounds

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 14:16:51 pm »
Okey :) Thats make lot of sense. But when i go inn to joomla on the controlpanel. which folder do i need to copy to? whats the name? im a beginner, so i got some problems.

SilviaHowe

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 17:39:55 pm »
/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/
it is in your message and I think you know it.
originali must have only english.php in every folder

secounds

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 18:37:50 pm »
But to find /administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/ you only type www.yourURL.com/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/languages/ ? Thats the only way i know to get to the site, and it seems like the site is closed for new folders. When i go manually to virtuemart it is no language selection there :S

SilviaHowe

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 19:35:05 pm »
You must reach this folder manually, I go there thought control panel on the server.Ask your hosting provider how you can see MysQL and file manager.
On the server there are file manager and there you can add, update, delete files. Speak with them, because you will need to open and MySQL from time to time...no link to the database from the url.

secounds

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 20:35:28 pm »
thank you very much sulviahowe, think i have understand i now ;) :D