Author Topic: Remove "Standard Shipping"?  (Read 10392 times)

sctrojnvirus

• Beginner
Remove "Standard Shipping"?
« on: September 01, 2008, 23:58:13 pm »
Hi,
I have added all the shipping options I want, but when a customer checks out, they are still given some extra option of "Standard Shipping" which I have not set and I do not want to use. Is there any way to remove this option for customers from any country? A detailed description of how to do it would be appreciated because I don't understand the code very well. Thank you very much!

-Cole

5teady

• Beginner
Re: Remove "Standard Shipping"?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 00:07:38 am »
Admin/configuration/shipping

Untick it in there

Michelle

• Hi, I'm Michelle
    • Corporation Guru
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 00:42:09 am »
Go to store/shipping module list - to uncheck Standard Shipping.  If you don't want shipping at all then do it in configuration.
Michelle M. Griffin, PhD
Author of Joomla! 1.5 & Virtuemart Series Available on Amazon or Ebook versions at www.corporationguru.com

Gary

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 18:09:29 pm »
You cant untick them!

Plus the standard shipping module is the correct one to have on if you inpu your own shipping rates, so where on earth is VM grabbing this 'Standard Shipping' option from?

Gary

Michelle

• Hi, I'm Michelle
    • Corporation Guru
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 20:21:02 pm »
From the Configuration / Shipping
Michelle M. Griffin, PhD
Author of Joomla! 1.5 & Virtuemart Series Available on Amazon or Ebook versions at www.corporationguru.com

yolona

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 19:02:07 pm »
hey, in my case it just removed, when i unchecked the module "Shipping based on order totals. Fixed shipping costs based on values entered in configuration."

it had nothing to do with "standard shipping module" (in my german version of vm)

fmmarzoa

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 19:55:06 pm »
If you dissable the "Standard Shipping" module, you'll lost your own defined shipping rates. The option my be there because you've another shipping module enabled but not configured.

I've had the same problem and disabling "Standard Shipping" module not only disables all my custom shiping rates, but it did NOT remove the option "Standard shipping" from purchase forms.

Finally I noticed that on "Configuration/Shipping" I've another shipping module enabled, that may be enabled by default after VM installation:

"Flex Shipping. Fixed shipping cost to set base value of order with percentage of total sale above base value"

I just disabled this one, and the "Standard shipping" disturbing option dissapeared.

ishboo

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 09:43:02 am »
Finally I noticed that on "Configuration/Shipping" I've another shipping module enabled, that may be enabled by default after VM installation:

"Flex Shipping. Fixed shipping cost to set base value of order with percentage of total sale above base value"

I just disabled this one, and the "Standard shipping" disturbing option dissapeared.

This is what we need to disable.

How the hell was it disabled. it gives you no option to disable it. where Can I Do this? store/shipping module list is where I see flex shipping, but I do not see anyway of disabling it.

ishboo

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 09:46:52 am »
Well I found out how. You must go to admin/configuration, and then it will be under the shipping tab.

salobon

• Herbolution
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2009, 20:23:40 pm »
That's right.
Module may be "unticked" only in virtuemart configuration menu under shipping tab!

Please mark original post as SOLVED!

Newb2vm

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 04:07:49 am »
yeah erm , in not so many words...

untick the red box.

btw: it took me a while to get it also.
 ::)

The greatest learning curve , is to be willing to learn..
~myself.

VirtueMart Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 04:07:49 am »