Author Topic: Multiple image modification  (Read 4437 times)

clintv

• Beginner
Multiple image modification
« on: March 15, 2008, 22:15:18 pm »
I am migrating a client out of osCommerce into virtueMart.  I have successfully transfered his products over via a few SQL commands.  I am now trying to bring the images, but he has informed me that some of the products have multiple images(as i saw in the database) and so i have decided to modify the product image code.  I would like to make the modification as clean as possible and integrate it the way it should be done, as opposed to a dirty hack.  (I'd like to be able to reproduce it in the future).The exact plan:

Add new table to database product_images w/ product_id, product_image, product_thumb, and sort_order.
Make current product image editing page additionally insert a record into this table.
Add ability to add/edit/delete additional photos on product image editing page below the regular location.
Modify product display code to cycle these photos via script.aculo.us.

Any input would be appreciated, especially possible conflicts or issues.  I would also appreciate advice on where to hook into, etc.  I am new to virtueMart, but I find it far superior to osCommerce in the code design.  osCommerce is a huge piece of spaghetti.

sudie97

• Beginner
Re: Multiple image modification
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 01:07:45 am »
Hi, I'm having a similar issue...I'm not converting from OSCommerce, but i need the ability to add more than one picture per product.
How did you make out with this? Did you get it working?
Thanks!
Susan

theonlycore4

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 22:42:53 pm »
BUMP. Any answers here?

swalt

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 11:23:10 am »
Hi guys,

There is already multiple-image functionality available in VirtueMart. Check table jos_vm_product_files.

When editing the product in the backend, there is a "Add Image/File" link in the menu on the left.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Swalt

Phrontis

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 06:42:19 am »
Thanks for the help, swalt. I'd been scratching my head.