Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VirtueMart for Dance Schools and After School Programs

Started by Robert_ITMan, June 16, 2023, 14:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert_ITMan

1 Dance School - all in one website solution

See our demo site: https://www.1danceschool.com/

A fully functional website ready for your dance school to add your content and setup your programs. Please test it thoroughly and contact us when you are ready for us to customize it for you.

See our 60 second intro video: https://www.1danceschool.com/videos/all-in-one-website-solution

Everything you wanted all together. Doing more for less.

• Focused on Marketing & Sales & SEO & SEF and getting more students in your classes
  • eCommerce & Shopping Cart with automated payment plans, upsell, discounts, coupons, more
  • Fully Manage Orders, Payments, Student Enrollments, Attendance, Report Cards, Costumes / Uniforms, Competitions, Events, more
  • Fully Supported & all parts are completely customizable from how your customers pay to what reports and graphs you see
  • Website & Blog & Content Management System and responsive so it works on all devices
  • Different login portal experiences for guests, customers, instructors, reception, accounting, managers, more
  • Newsletters & Auto Subscribe depending on enrollments with unlimited sending bulk emails, subscription lists, filters, more
  • You choose: do it yourself, delegate it to your staff, or hire us. All tasks can be self managed or fully managed for you depending on your needs
The whole is MUCH greater than the sum of all its parts.

See also these 2 client sites:

Developers - see how awesome a solution VirtueMart is for customizing it to work for Dance schools websites. For example, I'm using RAWFORMS from IStraxx https://extensions.virtuemart.net/shopper-order/shoppers/rawforms-detail - making it easy for us to create custom forms when ordering our products (as a plugin under custom fields) - needed for this project so Dance School families can easily and quickly select and add their students to the programs (products) and order and when status is paid they show as enrolled. Plus I'm using customized payment plugins so customers can select a payment plan and can pay over 10 months or 2 months or whatever we set based on adding codes to the SKUs and all the payments are automated - see here for video showing this: https://www.1danceschool.com/videos/customer-experience

Then instructors and admins are able to take attendance, provide reports, and fully manage all aspects of their students and school - see here for video showing this: https://www.1danceschool.com/videos/instructor-experience

Plus I have discounts working so we know how many programs (products) have been ordered already and then add that to what is in the cart and calculate our discounts based on the total programs (products) being ordered - see here for the video showing this: https://www.1danceschool.com/videos/how-do-we-setup-discounts-and-upsell-messages
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

pinochico

There is nothing to brag about - this is an exact example of how not to make a web/eshop for business

The site rating is 27%
There are hundreds of errors, both programming and SEO
I'm waiting 10 seconds just to load the site - do I really want a customer to wait 10 seconds to see the page?
And what about those missing files on load?

Focused on Marketing & Sales & SEO & SEF and getting more students in your classes...
I don't think that's serious.
Maybe the person who paid for it will believe it, but why should I?

Too bad about the good idea...
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

pinochico

www.zelenazeme.cz, www.zelenazeme.sk, www.cannadorra.com, www.hanf-gesundheit.de, www.cannadorra.hu, ....
J3/VM3

www.archivbox.cz
J3/VM3

www.kolo-park.cz
J3/VM3

www-karcher-satter.cz
J3/VM3

www.minijoomla.org
J3/VM3

Im not anti-VirtueMart, why do you think?
Im developper for VirtueMart.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

Studio 42

@pinochico I only need 2,52s to load the demo.
(1,62s for the HTML)
It's not a good speed but the page have many medias so not so bad

Robert_ITMan

Quote from: pinochico on June 20, 2023, 09:04:32 AM
Im not anti-VirtueMart, why do you think?
Im developper for VirtueMart.
pinochico - please edit or remove your comments on my post here - your disrespect for my website solution and your positing your own unrelated website URLs on this post is very disrespectful and not helping anyone. I'm trying to promote my solution for Dance Schools using Joomla & VirtueMart ... and you have made that impossible to do here.
WEBSITES @ OURFINGERTIPS
manage > develop > market > repeat

Save a lot of time and money when focused on building a website that works with marketing efforts to get more leads and sales from visitors.

www.ourfingertips.com

jenkinhill

This forum section is for members to post their new or recently published J/VM websites so that others may review them to see how VM works in the real world of online shops and to allow other users to offer comments, good or bad, to share ideas and sometimes to generate discussion.

I thought the demo website here seemed slow to load despite my 450 Mbps current download speed so I checked with my usual GTmetrix tool. This showed full loading in just over 8 secs, which is not too bad. https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.1danceschool.com/4KY2JIS6/  I would expect an optimised site based on the demonstrated structure to load quicker.
eg tempodanceacademy.com fully loaded in 6.3 seconds.  https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.tempodanceacademy.com/tyOnsIRO/

In retrospect, I think the original post should have been placed in the 3rd party extension forum section rather than here but maybe then would not have attracted as much attention.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pinochico

I guess we're each looking at a different website :)

sorry I don't see I only need 2,52s to load the demo.

Studio 42

@pinochico, i have fiber, perhaps it's your provider that is slow.
The server is in USA(Michigan)
I know that i have a ping near 100ms most time in USA so my speed is near the real speed
You can test here your ping and speed https://hidemy.name/en/internet-speed/ for many countries

pinochico

hmm but this test is from google, not from my IP address
Test from IP address we don't use 8 years, it's not indicative of how google ranks the web

ssc3

The site's user base is limited to a single city in North America.

It's a dance school and all the students live within travelling distance.

I would say the local North American IP's are the most important.

Virtuemart Payment Plugins
https://plugins.online-store.co.uk

Studio 42

@pinochico to be fair, i tested one of your site

DOMContentLoaded : 1.79 s
total: 2.11 s
I have a ping of 30ms in .cz site
So compared to 100ms in the USA, your site load  1.79+0.70 = 2.49s compared to the 2,52s for me.
IS your site really faster in all the world ?

If i test Australia sites or Japan sites. I always have a slow loading time. So do not compare what you canot compare. even with online tools
For my shop i load in DOMContentLoaded : 435 ms total: 777 ms but in the same country !

The only problem that most site do not check are the image sizes and all javascript and CSS loading

pinochico

Im fair,

3s is other then 9,5 or 13s

We don't talk about "ms", we talked about how google see and how long loaded site - not in "ms" but in "s"...
After this google setup ranking for this site.

But all problem is from developpes'r site - after fix images, JS, CLS.... a lot of, then we can talk about perfect work.

Is perfect create website in Joomla and VirtueMart (anytime, Im happy) but sometimes i needed add extra work for optimalization.
And about this is my post - yep show me your wotk, but after optimalization - and all optimalization for I see is inside developper's hand.