Author Topic: Advice - MP3 player on (downloadable) product page  (Read 8079 times)

paulbuk

• Beginner
Advice - MP3 player on (downloadable) product page
« on: August 28, 2008, 13:54:46 pm »
I wish to add an mp3 player for customers to hear an audio demo of a downloadable products for my new portal: www.ilovesynths.com
Can anybody recommend a simple mp3 player I can use and how I go about 'hacking' the product page?
I'm sure this has already been covered on virtuemart, but I could only find an old 2005 link to Mambo.
Thanks in advance for your help,

Paul B

www.ilovesynths.com

JJRO

Re: Advice - MP3 player on (downloadable) product page
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 01:13:28 am »
Just put the player code in the description area of the product - I did a table and put the code / player to the right of it. I think this site I used pixelout mp3 player.

EXAMPLE>>>
TRACKS:

My Christmas Wish  {audio}images/stories/mp3/mychristmaswish/01-My-Christmas-Wish-sample.mp3{/audio}

What Child Is This  {audio}images/stories/mp3/mychristmaswish/02-What Child Is This-sample.mp3{/audio}

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing  {audio}images/stories/mp3/mychristmaswish/03-Hark! The Herald Angels Sing-sample.mp3{/audio}

klutzon

• Knuckles the Echidna
    • Rage3D
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 01:48:09 am »
Hi paulbuk,

There are some commercial extensions available from JoomlaXTC, written specifically for VirtueMart, that will offer you both a simple MP3 player and one with some very advanced features, and I can say that they are quite worth the money. You'll want to look at the VirtueMart Media Suite and the VAI Media Center Module, and the Deluxe MP3 Player for serious features. Click here for more info: http://www.joomlaxtc.com/

However, if you are looking for something pocket-friendly, there are the Audio Players from the Joomla Extensions repository... :)

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multimedia/audio-players-&-gallery

The extension that JJRO is suggesting sounds like a good one, and because it's a plugin it's easy to get working in VirtueMart (provided you've got the "Enable content mambots / plugins in descriptions?" checkbox enabled in the Admin Configuration panel). Here is a direct link to the "1 PixelOut Audio Player":

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/multimedia/audio-players-&-gallery/4197/details

However you choose to go about it, do let us know. :)

paulbuk

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 17:44:40 pm »
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay in replying (been off computer), BUT HEY, I got it working today!!!
JJRO suggestion does the job, and works well.

For other users stuck:
Follow JJRC instructions but beware of your path route, /mp3/ is fine for a path, but if like me you have several domains hosted, make sure the patch your mp3s are in, is correct. I got the pixel player to show 1st time as JJRC said, but I had errors, this was due to my incorrect path not finding my specified mp3s, after I realised I had missed out a '/' it buffered aok, and played.
So, thanks again dude!
((-: very happy.

As thanks, I shall give some extra pennies/pounds this month to a local charity (Oxfam).

JJRC, that's a mammoth catch you have there!

David Kan

• 3rd party VirtueMart Developer
  • CMSmart - e-commerce solution
    • Virtuemart Extension Developers
  • VirtueMart Version: Joomla! 2.5.x - 3.x, Virtuemart 2.x - 3
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 06:02:53 am »
Hello guys

I know this topic is old but anyway if anyone still has the same question, we've released a Virtuemart mp3 player extension which allow administrator to create an audio demo so that customers can listen it before they decide to buy the album. Please take a look at http://virtuemart-mp3-player-plugin.cmsmart.net/virtuemart-extensions/virtuemart-mp3-player-plugin