News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How do I set up a gateway?

Started by katandmouse, August 14, 2008, 08:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katandmouse

I don't see anywhere in my admin where I select a gateway. Where is that? I want to set the store up to work with Authorize.net. Are there instructions somewhere? Is there someone who is an expert with Virtuemart that I can hire to help me with this store? I'm finding it difficult to configure.

pkonstan

trendsettingdesign

Hopefully somebody with more experience will reply, but I know if you go to the VirtueMart admin > Store > List Payment Methods > the one called "Credit Card" with code: "AN" is the Authorize.Net payment method module.

You need a merchant account with Authorize.Net, which is set up at www.authorize.net.  I'm not sure how to set up said account, as I've never actually had to do it myself.  Once you get the A.N merchant account set up, they will give you all the numbers and info you'll need to set up the AN payment method module in VirtueMart.

Joseph
Joomla! 1.5.6
VirtueMart 1.1.2
PHP 5

Michelle

What are you finding difficult? 

Have you gone into list payment methods - select the credit card (an) coding - then click the 2nd tab for configuration.  Enter your information there.
Michelle M. Griffin, PhD
Author of Joomla! 1.5 & Virtuemart Series Available on Amazon or Ebook versions at www.corporationguru.com

joomlafan

Curious if I can/should set up a SSL site/certificate for VM when using authorize.net?  Would it matter if purchases might be forwarded to their site anyway?  Is the same with Paypal? 

Finally, does anyone know the turnaround time for authrize.net (merchant & gateway)  service...3 days...3 weeks like 2Checkout?

Thanks.