News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

which UPS tools does VM work with?

Started by samoht, July 21, 2008, 22:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samoht

hello,

I am trying to set up the ups module for shipping, but I am not certain what tools I need from ups. I have an account from them and noticed that they have several "Standard Tools" as well as a few "Premium Tools" for web developers. I can't find any documentation on which one to use with VM 1.1 - or how to set it up.

I know I have to get the dev key first but that will come after I download the "Tool" I want to use - so I really need help.

Thanks,

BTW - anyone willing to or know of a Tutorial on setting up UPS shipping with VM?? (If I get mine working I'll write one)
I use Joomla 1.5! and VM 1.1

Tachikoma

You dont need to download anything to get UPS tools to work with VM 1.0
Just the Dev Key which leads to the Access Key.

It seems that UPS does not work with VM 1.1, and if it is, I have yet to see it verified by anyone.
Joomla 1.5.4 on Siteground
Virtuemart 1.1.1

Dingir

I have USP shipping model working with VM 1.1.1 & Joomla 1.5.2

You need to sign up with UPS and get a developer key.  Once you get that, you then request an access key to use the online tools.  You will need to enter your developer key to get it.  There are 2 type of access keys, choose the XML access key.
You enter your UPS user ID, UPS password, and your XML access key in the UPS shipping configuration in VM.  Make sure you enter your source zipcode in "Ship From Zip Code" inside the UPS configuration in VM.  This should work.

samoht

dear dingr,

I have tried to get UPS shipping module to work - and I made sure that I had an XML access key from UPS and that I set the "ship from zip" to my zipcode

I not even sure what it should look like if it shows up - but currently nothing is showing up. Do you have a link to your store so I can see the UPS module working?
I use Joomla 1.5! and VM 1.1

trendsettingdesign

Bump.
My VM 1.1.2 store isn't interfacing with UPS.  I've entered the Access Key, zip, etc. in the UPS module correctly, but it's not working.

http://www.thecaptainscoffee.com/

Joomla! 1.5.6
Joomla! 1.5.6
VirtueMart 1.1.2
PHP 5

Shoushan

I got mine to work sort of....

The rates are off b/c the value of my products are not being calculated. This is a virtuemart problem. UPS tested my XML Response and they get the correct shipping prices but through VM 1.1 the rates are totally off. There are additional nodes that need to be implemented. Not really sure how to fix that. I'm still in the process of figuring it out b/c VM came with the documentation already included. I would use something else for now if you can. My clients want UPS and UPS only.

>:(

trendsettingdesign

I think my problem was with the User Fields during the registration process.  I didn't have the Country field viewable in Account Maintenance or anywhere else, but I needed the State field, so Country had to be required and defaulted to United States.  After I made it visible, required and published everywhere, the UPS module started working.  I had been getting an error code from UPS that said that the requested service was not available at those locations.  Again, once the Country field was published, required and viewable at all locations, the module started working for me.
Joomla! 1.5.6
VirtueMart 1.1.2
PHP 5