News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

TESTMODE - The transaction ID is invalid or not present

Started by augustcorp, August 05, 2008, 21:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

augustcorp

I have my API settings entered correctly, both my authorize.net account and my virtuemart payment processor are in test mode, and I get the following error when I try to complete a test transaction:

Error: 3-2-15-P---(TESTMODE) The transaction ID is invalid or not present.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)

I am using a VISA credit card with number 4222222222222 for testing purposes.

Please help! Thanks.

augustcorp

Is there ANYONE out there who has any idea why this could be happening? I'm not very familiar with the authorize.net API.. Or.. is there anyone I could pay to look into this?

bbarclay6

Test transaction won't work. This is why.

You cannot run testmode for test transaction! Read on.

Ok, here's the deal. You can't run cards in test mode because you don't have an authorize.net test account (different than testmode). You can run your backend on authorize.net in testmode,  but not your website in testmode. Leave your authorize.net in testmode and your website in regular mode. 

That's why it won't work. Or just run it in regular mode all around and charge a penny on a product. That's another work around.

It's trying to hit the test server and you don't have a developers membership id and transaction key. 

http://www.barclayauctions.com