Author Topic: Store Description Not Translated after Upgrade 1.1.1->1.1.2  (Read 4007 times)

kakoo

  • Beginner
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Store Description Not Translated after Upgrade 1.1.1->1.1.2
« on: August 05, 2008, 16:22:24 pm »
Joomla 1.0.15 with Joomfish

English and French translation offered.

After upgrading from VM 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 on a test copy of the site, the store description appears only in English on the French side.

The translation appears fine in Joomfish, but does not get displayed in the store. Everything else appears translated, even the TOS which is translated inside the same item in Joomfish.

I've FTPed all the files from the patch package again, with no change to the problem.

It was all working fine prior to the update, which I did via the VM's control panel "check for upates" option.

This problem is enough to stop me from upgrading my production site. So, any ideas where I should look would be appreciated. In the mean time, I will restore my test site to its previous state and reapply the update to see if the problem comes back.

kakoo

  • Beginner
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Re: Store Description Not Translated after Upgrade 1.1.1->1.1.2
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 20:46:34 pm »
Update on the problem.

So, I've made a second backup copy of my production site on a different server, which is not the same server as the one I used for my first backup copy, and I reproduced the exact same problem.

Isn't there anyone who noticed the same thing?

I have no clue how and where VM manages translations made with Joomfish, so, unfortunately, I'm gonna have to skip on this upgrade.  ???

puny

  • Beginner
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: Store Description Not Translated after Upgrade 1.1.1->1.1.2
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 13:09:36 pm »
Hi!

I have exaclty the same problem. Does anyone has an idea? Translation on everything (products, categories, tos) works fine but only the store description will never change.

I have read tons of different forum posts and tried 100 hints, but I think this has to be a problem inside the php code since kakoo wrote that this problem occured on first time after updating to 1.1.2.

thx a lot, puny

puny

  • Beginner
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Re: Store Description Not Translated after Upgrade 1.1.1->1.1.2
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 14:29:59 pm »
No ideas? :-(

six gun

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 53
  • Why is coding so difficult sometimes?
    • C60 in olive oil
Re: Store Description Not Translated after Upgrade 1.1.1->1.1.2
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 00:23:27 am »
If you go to the Joomfish forum several others have this problem.

In the backend of Joomfish the text box screen comes up and I can input the translated text - and it saves but it does not publish.

I have gone through the xml file carefully - it looks fine - indeed if the translation boxes are coming up it is cool.
There was a problem with the xml file being incorrectly named as it did not relate to a db table, let alone the right one.

I tried publishing a custom module from the text editor for store description using {loadposition user eg 99) - on the basis I can translate modules - no luck, it does not appear.

I too have tried php hacks - and broken the site.
It is obviously a php problem - if the xml file was working it still will - the db is the same - so that narrows it down.

This is quite a big issue really having the front of your store in the wrong language - the odd word is kind of acceptable.
Where the problem lies - I am in the dark but hope someone can shed some light on it.