Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM 1.1.2 - "Error:Checkout needs a valid step!"

Started by gregdev, August 01, 2008, 06:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregdev

Quote from: jasonyon on August 01, 2008, 05:26:44 AM
Glad to know it's supposed to work...

I just did the 1.1.1 and the 1.1.2 updates.

But, I am getting tons of errors though on the next step after I click the checkout button.

Error:Checkout needs a valid step!

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php on line 203

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php on line 203

And then, it's still wanting me to choose a shipping method

HELP!

Let's discuss this here.

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
www.plainlycode.com[/td][/tr]
[/table]

gregdev

First, did you check your shipping options (Store > Shipping Module List) and checkout configuration (in the VM configuration page) after updating? Please double check these. Be sure to save your configuration for both. Then test again.

Greg

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/table]

jasonyon

I just re-checked and saved this.

I think my problem may be that I had tried using Bob Bloom's shipping bypass hack and then just installed 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 overtop of it.

Maybe there is something is that hack that is causing me issues???

Is there anything I can do short of uninstalling and re-installing?

Also, if the only option is to uninstall and reinstall fresh, is there any great way to export all of the product information?

jasonyon

it also still is wanting to select a shipping method...

I have attached some screenshots

[attachment cleanup by admin]

gregdev

jasonyon,

Yes, the two are not the same. I don't think they can both be there. Please see this post by Bob. Looks like Bob's code is more specific than our adaptation.

Perhaps after talking with Bob, you'll decide his modification fits your situation better. If so, you'll need to ask Bob for guidance on implementing it in VM 1.1.2. But, if you think our adaptation fits your situation better, you'll need to remove your previous 'Bob' modifications to get it to work.

Greg

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/table]

jasonyon

I actually don't need free downloads...I just need for customers to not pay shipping if they are buying a download. Is this the "shipping bypass" that was integrated into 1.1.2?

jasonyon

maybe i don't understand the 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2 update process. It looks to me like most of the files that Bob edited for his hack were overwritten by the 1.1.2 update. (with the exception of one file...administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_payment_method.php...and I uploaded the original file)

jasonyon

I have restored my site to a "pre shipping bypass" backup and it seems stable. It is VM 1.0.15. With the new 1.1.2, are we able to do the manual update directly from 1.0.15 -> 1.1.2? or do I need to do each step? 1.0.15 -> 1.1.0 -> 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2

tony123

it always remain stable when you restore it to Pre Shiping Bypass Backup and manual updates can also be achieved
tonny

harrisandreson

hello to all!1
I have read your article and I have something not configured right, but
I have the Checkout Enabled, files changed on the backend. When I go to click checkout all I get is a small forward button . I click it and I get A blank area save for a small radio button that says "Default (Same as Billing) and a small button that shows >>
I perss that and I get the Shipper, that says Default and a big Error "Eror Checkout needs valid step!)
You press the button you get the same >> and Error
You press that again and you get a blank page with Error: CheckOut needs a valid Step!"
May you live a happy life cissp

natedigby21

Quote from: gregdev on August 01, 2008, 06:06:46 AM
Quote from: jasonyon on August 01, 2008, 05:26:44 AM
Glad to know it's supposed to work...

I just did the 1.1.1 and the 1.1.2 updates.
credit card application
But, I am getting tons of errors though on the next step after I click the checkout button.

Error:Checkout needs a valid step!

And then, it's still wanting me to choose a shipping method

HELP!

Let's discuss this here.

I have exactly the same error: Check out needs a valid step!

Any way everything's fine now I followed the steps here:

Quote from: gregdev on August 01, 2008, 06:11:24 AM
First, did you check your shipping options (Store > Shipping Module List) and checkout configuration (in the VM configuration page) after updating? Please double check these. Be sure to save your configuration for both. Then test again.

Greg

1.Checked shipping options(Store > Shipping Module List)
2.Checked checkout configuration(in the VM configuration page)after the update
3.Saved the configurations.

BINGO!

Thanks Greg.

Regards,
Nate Digby