News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart 1.1.2 Released

Started by gregdev, July 31, 2008, 22:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregdev

VirtueMart 1.1.2 is a recommended maintenance update, which  provides enhancements and fixes a lot of minor bugs, including:

• Plugins are now processed on child product pages
  • Child product attributes are now displayed on the product details page
  • PayPal Websites Standard is now supported in No Account Creation mode
  • Improved SEF support for sh404SEf
  • Shipping bypass option

(see the changelog for full details).

Full installation packages and patch packages are available on the download page.

To update to version 1.1.2, login to your VirtueMart administration area and choose "Check for Updates" from the "Admin" menu, then click the "Check now!" button and follow the instructions there. (Or, you can download the 1.1.2 patch package directly , save it to your local hard drive, and choose to "Upload a Patch Package" from the "Upload a Patch" tab.)

If you are using VirtueMart 1.1.0, you must first update to VirtueMart 1.1.1 before updating to VirtueMart 1.1.2.

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
www.plainlycode.com[/td][/tr]
[/table]

David-Andrew

Hi Gregdev and other Developers/tester

I have just read the change log and mist say, you have done a really impressive job!

Thank you also for integration ccNewsletter, I am sure your and our users will love it. We will release ccNewsletter supporting this integration tomorrow.

For those that don't know ccNewsletter:
http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,5112/Itemid,35/

Gregdev, should I add ccNewsletter to your extension page?

Thank you again!

Regards
David
iDEAL for Virtuemart 3
http://www.chillcreations.com/joomla-extensions/ccideal-platform-ideal-for-joomla

Also supports Rabo OmniKassa and other payment providers, and older Virtuemart versions!

jasonyon

For the "shipping bypass", does this do the same thing that Bob Bloom created?

Also, it looked like in the changelog that the last thing said about the shipping bypass was "shipping bypass did not work" on 04.07.2008

ufo_hk

Wooow - just finished updating a test site with the built in updater and it worked beautifully.

Great, very impressive work - thanks.

gregdev

Quote from: jasonyon on August 01, 2008, 00:09:27 AM
For the "shipping bypass", does this do the same thing that Bob Bloom created?

Yes, Bob asked that it be integrated (thanks Bob!).

Edit: We have implemented an adaption of Bob's code. Please see Bob's post here for details.

Also, it looked like in the changelog that the last thing said about the shipping bypass was "shipping bypass did not work" on 04.07.2008

The comment in the change log just indicates the purpose of the change. In this case it means, "This change was made because it didn't work. Now it does work."

Greg

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/table]

amorino

Hello,

Thank you very much for this work but

I have :

Fatal error: Class vmsimplexml: Cannot inherit from undefined class jobject in /home/site/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/simplexml.php on line 85

And when i try to go again to the upgrade utility i have this message.

Best regards
Amorino
Création sites web Tunisie
http://www.idealconception.com

jasonyon

Glad to know it's supposed to work...

I just did the 1.1.1 and the 1.1.2 updates.

But, I am getting tons of errors though on the next step after I click the checkout button.

Error:Checkout needs a valid step!

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php on line 203

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in root/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/ps_checkout.php on line 203

And then, it's still wanting me to choose a shipping method

HELP!

gregdev

Quote from: amorino on August 01, 2008, 05:00:29 AM
Fatal error: Class vmsimplexml: Cannot inherit from undefined class jobject in /home/site/public_html/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/classes/simplexml.php on line 85

Which version are you updating from? 1.1.0? or 1.1.1? In either case, please see this post.

Greg

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/table]

gregdev

Quote from: jasonyon on August 01, 2008, 05:26:44 AM
Error:Checkout needs a valid step!

Jasonyon,

I've created separate topic in the VM 1.1 Q&T forum to work through this. Please continue the discussion there.

Thanks,

Greg

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/table]

internetdomain

This is just a reminder:

For those of you who install Virtuemart on clean Joomla installation, don't forget to turn on system legacy plugin. Otherwise you'll get global.php error when enabling Virtuemart modules.

gregdev

Quote from: internetdomain on August 01, 2008, 19:14:21 PM
For those of you who install Virtuemart on clean Joomla installation, don't forget to turn on system legacy plugin. Otherwise you'll get global.php error when enabling Virtuemart modules.

This is not necessary. Did you download the right set of files? There are modules that are specifically for Joomla! 1.5. They do not require the legacy plugin (nor does the VirtueMart component). You can tell whether you have the right modules - they end with '.j15'.

Greg

[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/table]

james purcell

hi greg,
        i just upated from v1.1 to vm 1.2 went ok,i have a ? i wnt to have my stocked but i need out of stock items to orderable will this happen in future or is ther a way i can do this now? ;D

janaa1234

As for myself I have had quite alot of problems after upgrading from 1.0.15 to 1.1.2 I needed "professional help" to solve different problems..

Theres still a couple of things that don't work:
I can not have only ONE payment method (that's what I want).. I need at least 2 payment methods, or I just get a en fatal error message...

Also the related products funktion doesn't work. When I search for a category or product there, it just searches but nothing is found...

I hope this problems are solved in next version...

Anyway - thanks for a gread component :-)

internetdomain

I don't know how you migrated your Joomla 1.0.x to J1.5, but for myself, the way I migrated is by installing a completely new clean J1.5 installation and all the necessary components. Then I did the database manipulation. That way will give me no error for every of my installed extensions.

Make sure you upgraded your Joomla correctly. Because by default, VM 1.1.2 can handle more than one payment method easily.  For related items, I just tried to modify one of my products, and it works fine either.

My suggestion for you, try to remove the payment method and readd. Also try to remove related items of one of your products and readd.

wdzinc

I hate to ask a silly question, but how do you turn the shipping bypass on for downloadable purchases? I've tried to find information on this but haven't been able too so far.