Author Topic: Change category template or flypage but no difference  (Read 30213 times)

jwkimkc

• Beginner
Re: Change category template or flypage but no difference
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 05:34:04 am »
You need to change the default flypage for each category. The default flypage in the configuration only applies to newly created categories

King Arthur

• Beginner
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2008, 11:21:22 am »
I'm to stupid. >:(
Only the flypage is on frontpage.  ???

birder

• Beginner
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 13:22:50 pm »
I have the same problem in that whatever i do i always get browse_1 and flypage.tpl

Cache is off.

I have tried the flypage to FLYPAGE but still the same

aravot, there is nothing in the manual about this problem but there certainly seems to be several people with the same problem, too mant to brush it to one side

This problem makes VM look crap and everyone here is asking for some help

cosg2004

• Beginner
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 16:07:07 pm »
I have the same problem. Is any of the developers/moderators looking into this? I wonder where else this "upper case" issue occurs. As a matter of fact, is it an issue as only the new categories are affected?
Cheers, Constantine

grayceworks

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 08:43:49 am »
I also had this problem. I tried disabling sef as was mentioned in one post, and I disabled Joomla cache as recommended in another, yet no matter what I did, both new and existing categories/products continue to use the default of browse1 and flypage-ask, unless I manually updated each and every category.

I cannot change these at all using the site configuration. Shouldn't the SITE CONFIGURATION update the entire site to match when you change a setting?

This is a bit frustrating, since if as someone suggested, a change would only apply to new categories, what happens if someone has hundreds of products and dozens of categories, and wants to change the default for the site, as it would seem to be possible using the SITE CONFIGURATION. Surely you wouldn't have to go and edit everything using the new layout in order for it to work?

Regardless, I do see where you can change individual category browse options and flypages, on each category's edit page. But again, if you have dozens of categories, this can get a bit tedious if you just want to do a global change.

A suggestion: Have the options in the category settings to use "global" site settings, in addition to being able to set a custom template. That way, any that are set at "global" would use the Site Configuration, and any that have been set with a custom template option would remain custom, rather than ALL the categories essentially being custom configurations.
searching for solutions
====================================
Joomla 1.5.9
VirtueMart 1.1.3
Linux/Apache|PHP5|mySQL5
Firefox 3.0.6 | Internet Exploder 7 
Windoze XP sp3 | Suse 10

Marc O.

• Onrust Yacht Charters
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 17:25:15 pm »
Same issue here. Able to adjust the settings per category, but missing an option to do "global" changes. Also, I'm unable to change the layout of my "Featured products" list.

shimmytango

• Beginner
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 06:54:54 am »
hey all!

i think i figured it out! go to product categories and do into the category details. below the category description, there are a couple of drop down menus that determine which flypage should be used for the products within that category. remember, with joomla the menu is what determines how the article is displayed. here in VM, the menu is the category and the article is the product.

good luck!

sam

salobon

• Herbolution
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 18:02:23 pm »
Solution is already posted on Vitumart forum. But needs to be extended. This is what I fixed and it worked for me.
here is the fix:
In all these lines change flypage to CAPS: FLYPAGE
Code: [Select]
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\shop.ask.php (24): $flypage = vmGet($_REQUEST, "flypage", '' );
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\shop.basket_short.php (30): $flypage = vmGet($_REQUEST, "flypage", null);
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\shop.pdf_output.php (20): $flypage = vmGet( $_REQUEST, 'flypage');
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\shop.product_details.php (115): $flypage = vmGet($_REQUEST, "flypage" );
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\shop.product_details.php (422): $tpl->set( 'flypage', $flypage );
the idea for solution was taken from this post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=43825.msg142138#msg142138

mauri

• Quality&Testing Team
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 21:43:01 pm »
All of you, send your server info, I think this bug is due to a server?
VirtueMart,(Joomla-phpShop, mambo-phpShop) since 2004-03-11

sitebuildernow

• Coburn Enterprises - "Better Everything"
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 00:14:12 am »
For the new people searching for this answer - changing the flypage globally ONLY effects the display on NEW categories added after making the global change. If you want to change the display on existing categories you have to go into your category list and make the change on every single category - I understand the reasoning - the developers thought this would allow us to display different categories in different ways - unfortunately it has a serious downside of creating a very tedious problem if you do not set your flypage display right before creating all of your categories.
Coburn Enterprises
"Better Everything"
Website Developer / SEO and SEM Expert
Joomla! and Virtuemart (current versions always)

webservant

• Beginner
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 13:32:07 pm »
Hi,

I am working on a WAMP local server, Windows XP and have found the same issue and agree with the coments in relations to templates and flypages not being updated. I have read through all the posts and find them accurate.

But I am extremly pleased with Virtumart and I only write this so that you know that there is another testing environmnet that is getting the same results..

Kind Regard

bobbennett

• Beginner
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2009, 17:33:11 pm »
I have had limited success when changing the flypage on the Category page.  It works fine when the user chooses a product from the list of products in the category.  But - if they use the previous/next buttons it goes back to the original flypage definition.

JoMan

• Beginner
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2009, 22:05:01 pm »
Solution is already posted on Vitumart forum. But needs to be extended. This is what I fixed and it worked for me.
here is the fix:
In all these lines change flypage to CAPS: FLYPAGE
Code: [Select]
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\shop.ask.php (24): $flypage = vmGet($_REQUEST, "flypage", '' );
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\shop.basket_short.php (30): $flypage = vmGet($_REQUEST, "flypage", null);
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\shop.pdf_output.php (20): $flypage = vmGet( $_REQUEST, 'flypage');
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\shop.product_details.php (115): $flypage = vmGet($_REQUEST, "flypage" );
administrator\components\com_virtuemart\html\shop.product_details.php (422): $tpl->set( 'flypage', $flypage );
the idea for solution was taken from this post:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=43825.msg142138#msg142138

This works! Thanks for solution!

brandon23

• Beginner
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 02:44:43 am »
This may have been answered previously but I will repost anyhow.

To update the Category template you need to do it from within the Category editor(Products>List Categories>"My Category")

Updating the Category Template in the Admin>Configuration only works for new Categories created after updating the Admin>Configuration.