Author Topic: Change category template or flypage but no difference  (Read 30230 times)

techclan

• Beginner
Change category template or flypage but no difference
« on: July 31, 2008, 03:46:57 am »
When I change the Category template or flypage in the Configuration or even in the Category settings nothing changes. If I completely delete the content of theme.css everything still looks the same.  Am I doing something wrong here ?

Billy

• Beginner
Re: Change category template or flypage but no difference
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 20:52:57 pm »
I am having the same issue. Is this functionality not activated yet?

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 01:54:06 am »
It works, if you have Joomla cache enabled, disable it.

Billy

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 15:36:08 pm »
I had to go into each category and edit them one by one. Changing the default template setings didnt make any differance.

techclan

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 23:18:34 pm »
I have joomla cache disabled and still same results.

jess116

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 22:37:40 pm »
I am also having this trouble i think...   I'm trying to change the look of the flypages but nothing is changing.
The file is writeable and i'm editing the code for category template that I've selected in the virtuemart/config/site tab..
actually when i try to change the category templates, save, and refresh the site even 5 times, no matter which template i have selected the site doesn't change. joomla cache is turned off, and i'm doing "super" refresh, rather than just refresh.

I have JUST upgraded to virtuemart 1.1.2, and this is happening. My browse pages look horrible and the text in the browse and product details pages almost spills over the sides onto the menus. It is making my site look unprofessional :(

Didn't the old virtuemart have a section in the config area where you could change the colour of your "add to cart" buttons and how many items per rom and that sort of thing? I can't find that in this new one.

jess116

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 08:35:09 am »
I found the right files to edit for the product browse / product details flypages, after much hair being pulled out...

Navigate to components/com_virtuemart/themes/templates/default and they are in there.
My virtuemart config is LOCKED on browse_1.php, and flypage.tpl.php, no matter which i select in the configuration.
So to change the look i just copied the code from the other broswe.php files and pasted them into browse_1.php. This is the only way I could change the look of the flypages.

Why is this happening? Have I messed up some permissions or something somewhere that would be causing virtuemart to lock in these 2 defaults?

cassidyb

• Beginner
    • Social Propaganda
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 22:20:43 pm »
I am having the same issue . . almost.  I can change the template, but it only effects all the new products I add after the change, it will not go back in and update the old products to the new flypage template I am using.  I had to go into the database and have it changed there for all the old products. 

------------------------------
VM 1.1.2
Joomla 1.5.8

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 09:30:25 am »
For the last time I revisited this issue, both browse and flypage do change, maybe you guys are doing something wrong, see VirtueMart User Manual

miramardesign

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 03:22:01 am »
I am having the same issue . . almost.  I can change the template, but it only effects all the new products I add after the change, it will not go back in and update the old products to the new flypage template I am using.  I had to go into the database and have it changed there for all the old products. 

Same here this is a definite bug in the new Vm grr..
My cache is off and always was.
My menu isn't updating after I make the change so the links are wrong IE  it is still pointing to flypage.tpl instead of garden_flypage.tpl  etc.    :(

miramardesign

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 03:26:56 am »
I downloaded the  config file and it's correct/reflects my changes.

/administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg.php
It's as if the frontend is ignoring the config file for some reason.
Where would this go awry?   Some modification I made to the template?

avik

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 22:52:34 pm »
I am new to Joomla and Virtue Mart but I think I found the bug that is causing the issue.  In virtuemart.cfg.php the flypage is being saved in the define 'FLYPAGE' whereas the shop.product_details.php file that uses this define is looking for "flypage" on line 116.  I just changed it to all uppercase to match and now I can switch the flypages via the admin site. 

Hope this helps.

jess116

• Beginner
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 06:43:19 am »
Thanks Avik! I reckon that has helped. Maybe you should try for Aravots position on the quality and testing team...
(..made me feel quite stupid with his last response, he did.   @_@)

fortza

• VM confused
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 20:08:23 pm »
You must not sit and act stupid, I have the same problem ...... good people have not paid money for the shop ...... I have lgeledes tried to get answers to some other problems, without great success, support ....... I try also it says here .........

techclan

• Beginner
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 03:55:38 am »
Avik,
what exactly did you change to make it work?
I changed line 116 to "$flypage = vmGet($_REQUEST, "FLYPAGE" );" but still same result...