News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Currency in paypal not matching default currency

Started by pgbarker, June 30, 2008, 05:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgbarker

VM 1.1.0, Joomla 1.5.3

Hi all.  I have a downloadable product that I have set up in AUD (Australian $).  My store is also set to AUD, in fact, everything to do with currency is set to AUD only.  When I buy the product I am redirected to PayPal which says the payment is to be in USD.  I am expecting to see the payment showing as '$x AUD', not USD??

Also, if you make a payment (regardless of the currency problem), an error occurs when the payment notification is sent back to Virtuemart.  The error is:

The amount received was: 0.01 USD.
It should be: 0.01 .

(Yes, my price is one cent, just for testing purposes in a live environment).

The mismatch appears to be the currency symbol.  PayPal says it is taking payment in USD, Virtuemart says the currency is <blank> - what happened to AUD?

This is a showstopper for us as our site is all about marketing and selling an e-book.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

pgbarker

Hi all.  No replies!  Have you used PayPal to successfully sell products via VirtueMart?  If so, yours is the expertise I'm looking for.  If you've got some knowledge of how this works, then please share!

Thanks

anthony

I am investigating a possible same problem on my setup. I place an order for $145.20, but only #136.84 gets sent to PayPal !??

Looks like some kind of exchange rate problem, but it should all be entirely in AUD. I have to solve this right now (but might take a while since I'm not talented with code) - I'll post my findings, if any.
The greater our mastery over language, the sharper the tools with which to dissect reality.

anthony

My problem was not exchange rate, but rather it seems it was part of how my Paypal was set up.

Within PayPal's Profile settings (cant recall the exact one) was set to not include any delivery charges, except for the delivery charges that are configured within Paypal. There is a little check box to allow an over-ride of PayPal's delivery fee (which was set to $0 for me.)

I dont recall seeing any of these settings in PayPal before, so they must be the default - so I imagine that a lot of people would have this problem.

So paypal didn't include the delivery charge – but it did include the tax paid on delivery, thus the very small discrepancy, making it harder to spot.
Tax Total:    $12.36
Shipping and Handling Fee:    $14.77
Shipping Tax:    $1.48
Total:   $152.25

So PayPal charged for everything except for the Shipping and Handling Fee.
Hope that helps some people. Looks like this wont help pgbarker, but maybe this will:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39584.0
(make the country code two letters, not three)
The greater our mastery over language, the sharper the tools with which to dissect reality.