Author Topic: 404sef and virtuemart problem categories  (Read 5951 times)

siemed

• Beginner
404sef and virtuemart problem categories
« on: July 23, 2008, 09:27:41 am »
At last I have 404sef working for the most part. But, with Virutemart it only works with the setting listed below.

Virtuemart configuration
Insert shop name in URL    No
Insert product name            Yes    
Insert product ID in URL    No
Insert product code            No
Insert manufacturer name in URL No
Insert manufacturer ID            No
Insert categories            None

I want to use Insert categories, but when I do this it stops working after a few klicks. When I start on the category, it shows up fine. Then I can choose a sub-category, no problem. Also I can choose the product and al products in the same sub-category. But, when I start to choose another category or a product outside of the (sub)category I'm in at the moment, I will get the 404 error.

In the adrress line it looks like it is putting the link from the articel after the (sub)category I am in right now.

Here is an example.

shop/category1/subcat1/article1  oke  go to article 2
shop/category1/subcat1/article2  oke  go to article 1 from subcat 2
shop/category1/subcat1/index.php?page=shop.browse&   etc.  so, this goes wrong. It does not change the subcat1 in to the right subcat2.

Also, when I choose the category the url is not in sef, also not when I choose the sub-category. But, when I choose the artikel the url is in Sef.

I hope this example makes it clear.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

SenecaPharm

• Beginner
    • Golf Training Aids
Re: 404sef and virtuemart problem categories
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 18:21:59 pm »
I have the exact same problem, although it doesn't seem clear from what you said... What type of menu do you use for the virtuemart module? The only menu that seems to work is Link List with sh404sef, other menus like Tigratree cause the problem you mentioned. I would like to have some different styled menus from virtuemart!!

aravot

• Peter
    • VirtueMart Extensions
Re: 404sef and virtuemart problem categories
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 04:31:33 am »
Always, which version of Joomla, VirtueMart and sh404SEF