Author Topic: Possible design?  (Read 2047 times)

nuller-joe

• Beginner
Possible design?
« on: March 17, 2010, 12:04:00 pm »
Hey

Is it possible to make a design like this. Or the princip of how you can see what sizes theres in stock without manually check them?

nuller-joe

• Beginner
Re: Possible design?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 22:18:33 pm »
bump...

rb

• Advanced
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 22:59:34 pm »
It depends if you mean this to be a Category Browse page or a Product Detail page (flypage).

If it's a Category Browse page, and if the values under "Option" are the Product Names, then it is easy to do.  You would modify the script browse_listtable.tpl.php to look at the field called product_in_stock and display the text in that column based on the stock value.

If it's a Product Detail page (flypage), then it's not so easy because flypages are designed to show information from just one product and since you are tracking stock for 3 sizes, you would have 3 child products.  It can be done, but it's a lot of customization.

nuller-joe

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 07:54:39 am »
I need it in the product details (flypage). I already have 4 child products, they're just in a dropdown list... But it is possible to get that design?

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 12:16:10 pm »
I have not seen this customisation before, but as rb says, it could be done with a lot of work.  You will have to spend a considerable amount of time & effort modifying & rewriting the code to set this up.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.4.3.10057 on Joomla 3.9.8 PHP 7.0.33
Testing VM .3.6.0.10075 on Joomla 3.9.8