News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

UPS not working (Was: UPS not working in 1.1?)

Started by Tachikoma, July 17, 2008, 23:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tachikoma

Can anyone verify that their 1.1 site works with UPS?

There are at least 2 topics in the 1.1 > Shipping > UPS thread with people having problems, and I am too.

I have the exact same settings for my UPS module in a site using 1.0, and UPS shipping works flawlessly.

This current site in 1.1 just gives me the "Please select a Shipping Method!" helpfulness.

Can we get this fixed?

Thanks,
Tachikoma
Joomla 1.5.4 on Siteground
Virtuemart 1.1.1

Tachikoma

Virtuemart 1.1.1

samoht

Are you getting UPS as a shipping method when you proceed to checkout?

or does nothing show up?
I use Joomla 1.5! and VM 1.1

Tachikoma

Nothing shows up at all.
Just "Select a shipping method"

So here is what I have...

An older site is running Joomla 1.5.3, and VM 1.0. UPS shipping was working. I copied that site to a subdomain. Upgraded to VM 1.1. UPS module still works.

Then I took my current project, completely wiped anything VM, then loaded 1.0. UPS does not work.

So now I think it must have something to do with the server configuration...? What do you think? Here are my stats.

Server on which UPS shipping works:
Joomla 1.5.3
VM 1.1.0
MySQL 3.23.33
PHP 4.4.4
Apache 1.3.34

Server on which UPS does not work (Siteground)
Joomla 1.5.4
VM 1.1.1
MySQL 5.0.51a
PHP 5.2.5
Apache 1.3.37

So, is the Siteground site running a stack of software that is too recent? I don't keep up on this as much as I should.
Virtuemart 1.1.1

sjcp250

I'm having the same problem. I am using Godaddy to host the site. VM version 1.1. Someone in another thread posted an update for the ups module but I'm not sure if this was for an older version. I get an error with mine.

Error: connect() timed out!
Error: Internal Error processing the Request to UPS.com

jasonyon

There's obviously an issue with GoDaddy because I am having the same stinking issue!!! And it's killing me!

I've got USPS working. But I cannot get UPS and FedEx to work.

Someone please help us

Dingir

I have USP shipping model working with VM 1.1.1 & Joomla 1.5.2

You need to sign up with UPS and get a developer key.  Once you get that, you then request an access key to use the online tools.  You will need to enter your developer key to get it.  There are 2 type of access keys, choose the XML access key.
You enter your UPS user ID, UPS password, and your XML access key in the UPS shipping configuration in VM.  Make sure you enter your source zipcode in "Ship From Zip Code" inside the UPS configuration in VM.  This should work.

samoht

dingr,

I am attaching a screen shot of my vm UPS mod config
It looks odd to me that the fuel sir charge is not editable but other wise I have inserted all the info
needed and still nothing shows??

Any Ideas?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

samoht

I can verify that the UPS shipping module works with virtuemart 1.1.1 and Joomla 1.5.3

for me nothing was showing up at all under select a shipping method.
then I read that UPS needs weights to do calculation - as soon as I added the weight - problem solved.

However, I did notice that my local version would throw an error from UPS - and I think it was to do with not having the php SSL configured.

I'll try to put a tutorial together soon to cover all possible issues - till then I hope this helps

quigibo

It looks like UPS is sending data back, but it's just not showing up. What am I missing?

[attachment cleanup by admin]

Shoushan

I got mine to show up with rates but it doesn't really matter b/c the rates are totally off. VM is missing a field to calculate the rates correctly. Did anyone check to see if their rates are correct?

Does anyone now how to reinstall the UPS documentation manually from the UPS website into VM1.1 ??