News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Error: Code: 111210???

Started by randean, July 17, 2008, 04:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randean

What is Error Code 111210? The entire error message reads:

"Error: UPS was not able to process the Shipping Rate Request.. Error Code: 111210, Error Description: The requested service is unavailable between the selected locations".

I am using VM1.1 / Joomla! 1.52. I know somebody has the simple solution for this... anybody?

skoobi

Im getting the same error, does anyone have a clue.

skoobi

I thaught it was to do with weights. I set the product as 2 pound and i will be able to select the ups module but the error is still there as soon as i put it upto 100pounds it will say it is exeding the limit of 70pounds. which makes sence. But as soon as i change it back to 2 pounds and add 100 items then there it comes up with the error but it doesnt show the exeded weight message.. If someone has an idea or knows what to do please post.
Thank you
Chris

skoobi

Right ive been on this for a while now and come up with this.

Support is very limited and im not going to find the answer here anytime soon.

BUT.....

If you want a temporary workaround intill someone has fixed the problem...( Im looking into it myself too.. but finishing other projects first. )

ALLWAYS BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE MODIFIYNG...i am not held responsible for any problems you may occur..

Anyway if you goto administrator>components>com_virtuemart>classes>shipping>ups.php

where line says ::

if( $order_weight < 1 ) {
$order_weight = 1;
}
if( $order_weight > 150.00 ) {
    $order_weight= 150.00
      }

Replace with ::
if( $order_weight < 1 ) {
$order_weight = 1;
}
if( $order_weight > 150.00 ) {

// Switch to shipping warning !!!
require_once( CLASSPATH . 'shipping/warning.php' );
$shipping =& new warning();
$shipping->message();
return;
}

Then you will need to upload the attatched file (warning.php) to the same directory as the shipping module.
--------------------------------------
This will only give a message to contact the customer for the shipping rates. I will post again tommorow with a another way but if your stuck like i am then this will have to do for now.

Anyway....

I also want to thank the makers of virtuemart for an exellent job the have done in giving us this component. Job well done. (although the self supporting support is not as good for some things. I would rather pay for the component and have support for the year.) But less of that.. thank you i hope this helps others...

chris

Also just noticed in the warning.php file you will need to change the echo text to 150lbs instead of 75lbs..

[attachment cleanup by admin]

trendsettingdesign

??? So are you saying that Error Code 111210 has to do with weight and NOT location?  The error message says that it's having a problem with using the selected service between the two locations (presumably the shipping from and to locations).

My shipping will always be between 1.02 lbs and 20.1 lbs.  It will never be heavier than 20.1 lbs.  Each product in the store is listed as a minimum weight of 1.02 lbs and a maximum amount of 20.1 lbs.

I've got the right Access key, username and password in the UPS module.

Anybody have any ideas?  Will this warning.php file work for me?

Joseph
Joomla! 1.5.6
VirtueMart 1.1.2
PHP 5

trendsettingdesign

I solved my problem.  I didn't have the "Country" User Field visible anywhere.  It was published, required, and defaulted to United States so that customers could select their State during Registration, but the Country field wasn't actually visible.  Therefore, UPS wasn't getting the Country information from VM during Checkout.  Once I made it visible, the module worked.

Also, everyone having trouble with this should try making Registration Method be "Required".  Then, make sure all the necessary User Fields are also marked "Required".
Joomla! 1.5.6
VirtueMart 1.1.2
PHP 5

James Friesen

This problem was solved for me when in Store->shipping modules->UPS config I changed the "Ship from Zip Code" field to the actual zip code instead of whatever text was in there by default.

Also be sure you have set up your store address properly and that they test address you are using to ship to is a valid one.

J

Nick Miletich

Quote from: James Friesen on September 05, 2008, 22:19:49 PM
This problem was solved for me when in Store->shipping modules->UPS config I changed the "Ship from Zip Code" field to the actual zip code instead of whatever text was in there by default.

Also be sure you have set up your store address properly and that they test address you are using to ship to is a valid one.

Thanks James- that worked for me as well.

jasmithartist

I was having this same problem, and I knew all of my settings were correct. Then I realized (silly me) that I was testing it from my Joomla Super Admin account, not a registered user through VM. I simply created a test account through the VM registration, just like my customers will do, and it now works fine.

I know there are not a lot of posts out there regarding this error, but I hope this helps out anyone who has done the same thing I did.