Author Topic: Can't Disable Terms of Service  (Read 4412 times)

bezworks

• Beginner
Can't Disable Terms of Service
« on: July 10, 2008, 17:28:13 pm »
I have TOS disable in the backend, but it keeps showing in the frontend?  What's the problem?

Thanks!

Using VM 1.1.1

bezworks

• Beginner
Re: Can't Disable Terms of Service
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 08:05:19 am »
Any support/help around these parts? :)  I gave a good 5 star review on joomla.org and plan to donate...  Would love an answer.

Tachikoma

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 00:39:00 am »
Do you have access to PHPmyAdmin? Is this a simple Boolean for that field? If so, just edit the data in the table.
Joomla 1.5.4 on Siteground
Virtuemart 1.1.1

bezworks

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 01:12:25 am »
Yeah, I have access to the phpadmin.  Is this a bug then?  Shouldn't it work?  I'd like to know what is the expected behavior.  Thanks.

bezworks

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 01:22:23 am »
I prefer not to go the database route because this site is for a client.  They need to be able to enable/disable TOS at will should they choose.  If it were my site, sure, I'd probably do that.  So, I need this sorted out ASAP.  No reflection on you, but I don't understand how support works around here.  I posted this concern on the 10th and today is the 16th and still no reputable response.  What good is an open source product if you can't get any help?

Tachikoma

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 01:50:55 am »
I understand the feelings of urgency when dealing with a client (especially one who is paying!). However, it seems your attitude is a bit too expecting considering this is an open-source project.

I have made it a habit not to rely blindly on open-source software for projects that are time sensitive for this reason in particular.

Developers do answer questions, as they have for me in the past; I am not one of them, just a user like you. If a post goes unanswered, that means usually that nobody has an answer for you.

That said, who is your hosting company? What are the software versions?

It seems like a bug or corrupt data. This TOS function works for me on my VM/Joomla sites.

I had some weird, really weird problems when I was using a server from AITCOMM. Data going bye-bye, settings changing, and then of course their MySQL was a few versions behind. I had other problems running scripts on HostMonster.

After moving many Joomla projects to Siteground, all these problems have gone.

Is your site already live, ready to launch, midway through development?

Can you do an install somewhere else and copy your DB over to the new environment?

In my experience, VM oddities went away after moving to better hosting servers.
Joomla 1.5.4 on Siteground
Virtuemart 1.1.1

bezworks

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 01:57:30 am »
Well, they ask for donations.  So, shouldn't the support be as equally "supportive"?   ;D  At least say "I don't have an answer."  Saying nothing is kinda, well, rude.  Just a thought. :)

I appreciate your response.  The host is GoDaddy and the site is not yet live, but it is complete.  We just need to work these kinks out with VM.