Author Topic: Display of prices has no decimals, thousands indicator or leading character  (Read 4879 times)

dekard

• Beginner
For some reason, the display of prices has no decimals, thousands indicator or currency symbol. For example, the price should be $1,000.00. On my site it will display as 1000.

Now, I've searched here already and the suggestion seems to be check the store settings. I've triple checked my store settings:

Currency: US Dollar
Currency Symbol: $
Decimals: 2
Decimal symbol: .

I'm running Joomla 1.5.3 and VM 1.1.0 stable. This is upgrade from Joomla 1.0.15 and VM 1.0.15. Everything else is working properly and the upgrade seems to have gone well. Except for this. :)

I'm attaching a screenshot of the cart so you can see the problem.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

dekard

• Beginner
Heck the math doesn't even add up in the picture I posted.

dekard

• Beginner
Bump, I need to get this site live pretty soon and I'd appreciate any suggestions that may be given.

dekard

• Beginner
Ok, so its been a week since my original post. How much longer before someone helps me see what I'm missing. I have done my homework folks, RTM and JGI but I still haven't found any answers.

dekard

• Beginner
14 days now... How much more time must pass before some kind soul helps me see what I'm missing.

Really, anything at this point would be helpful.

dekard

• Beginner
<checks>

Yup, I took a shower.

chaliet

You say that you have "Country" defined, but are you sure that you are referring to the area where your store address is defined?  This would be in Store, Edit Store, in the "Store" section of the page, on the left side, opposite the "Currency Display Style".

I apologize if you've done this already--I know you said that you triple checked--but your description of the problem can be precisely reproduced by NOT defining a "Country" for your store address.

I've attached an image of this and also of the "Currency Display Style" section.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

dekard

• Beginner
Chaliet, thanks for the suggestion. I checked the section you mentioned after taking a look at the screenshots you provided. Unfortunately the setting is correct. Here's a screenshot.

chaliet

You forgot to attach the image, but I believe you.  I know of no other scenario that would do this.

If you do not find a solution, you may have no choice but to set up a test site, do fresh installs of both Joomla and VM, and begin migrating your data bit-by-bit.  I know that sounds intimidating, but I personally am a little squeamish about upgrading from 1.0.x to 1.1. 

For the record, the arithmetic of the cart displayed in the image of your first post is OK.

tech

• Beginner
Re: Display of prices has no decimals, thousands indicator or leading character
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 08:14:16 am »
Did you ever find a solution to this?

Jack

• Beginner
    • Naughty Husky
Re: Display of prices has no decimals, thousands indicator or leading character
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 17:43:18 pm »
Any solutions yet? I just upgraded from 1.0.15 to 1.1.4 and it seems all prices display as 1/11th of price db.
In store configuration country is set and currency set.

(decimals and currency symbol also not showing)