Author Topic: "Error: You do not have permission to access the requested module."  (Read 7732 times)

Fuzzy Logic

• Beginner
Hello everyone,

I have read several threads about this issue on the forum but none of the solutions suggested there worked for me, since those threads are outdated I thought it would be good to open a new one.

I have been messing with the permissions of modules of Virtuemart and since then a user that is not registered is not able to see the store.

I've tried different combinations but none work. Even if I check all boxes in the Module list (so that basically every user can do everything), it still doesn't work. It is a very strange problem.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Fuzzy Logic

• Beginner
Re: "Error: You do not have permission to access the requested module."
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 04:56:40 am »
Lol. I have spent a night figuring this out and right after I finally decided to post a question here I solved it.

I have set the module's permissions back to their default and it works now.

LightnSalt

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 22:09:00 pm »
Oh! You are true God sent.  Only your way make it work!  Thanks!!!

br29

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 15:12:55 pm »
I had this problem as well. The only fix I found was to manually install all the modules and it worked. If the above solution does not work for anyone searching this.. try manually installing the modules.

tdhaynes

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 01:26:03 am »
I have this problem, but with a twist.
When you click on the menu to view the shop you get the Access Denied error, but clicking on the same menu a second time displays the shop with no error.

I have checked & re saved all module permissions.
I have no other modules in Joomla! that require any higher permissions.

The only thing that raises a question when viewing the debug code is there is nothing for permissions i.e.( [username] => demo [perms] =>??[first_name] => guest [last_name] => )

Code: [Select]
Array ( [show_prices] => 1 [user_id] => 0 [username] => demo [perms] => [first_name] => guest [last_name] => [shopper_group_id] => 5 [shopper_group_discount] => 0.00 [show_price_including_tax] => 1 [default_shopper_group] => 1 [is_registered_customer] => )

Joomla! 1.5.11 Production/Stable [ Vea ] 03-June-2009 03:30 GMT
Version: VirtueMart 1.1.3 stable [On My Way Home] 22/01/2009 20:00 GMT

danger89

• Beginner