Author Topic: Relogin when go to virtuemart administration VER1.1.4  (Read 2757 times)

xinox

• Beginner
Relogin when go to virtuemart administration VER1.1.4
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:02:24 am »
Hello im having a problem with VM 1.1.4 in joomla latest version...
When i enter in to the administration panel of joomla everithing work fine and when i click on virtuemart component, but when i click on add products or something else the system logout of my account... and need to relogin.

Please help me.

xinox

• Beginner
Re: Relogin when go to virtuemart administration VER1.1.4
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:02:32 am »
Anyone can help me please? :(

bchen72801

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 21:01:18 pm »
i have a simliar problem.

i've been running joomla 1.5.12 w/ VM 1.1.3. when i updated to these versions last fall i was able to login to joomla just fine. when i go to the virtuemart componet the welcome page would load just fine. but when i clicked on any function (store config, product management, user management, whatever) it redircted me to the main joomla login. i would login in a second time and when i went back to the virtuemart componet all functions worked fine. i did notice some times it showed 2 users logged in although I was the only one. it was a hassle but i didn't worry about it much.

now i have updated to joomla 1.5.15 w/ VM 1.1.4. I login to joomla just fine and my welcome page shows i'm running 1.5.15. i go to VM componet and the welcome page shows i'm running 1.1.4. i click on any VM function and i'm redirected to the joomla login. when i log in a second time joomla shows 1.5.12 as the current version and VM shows 1.1.3

while trying to figure out the problem i changed my admin name from "admin" to "admin1" while logged into versions 1.5.12 / 1.1.3. now, when i start a fresh login using the name "admin", the versions 1.5.15/1.1.4 are on my welcome screens but when i click any VM function and i'm redirected to login again, the user name "admin" is not recognized and i must use "admin1" which brings up the welcome screens for vers 1.5.12/1.1.3

anyone know what could be the problem???

jenkinhill

• UK Web Developer & Consultant
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • Always on vacation
    • Jenkin Hill Internet
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 23:54:40 pm »
Possibly urls. Be sure to use .htaccess to force www. and make sure that all urls in site/VM configuration also use www.
Kelvyn

Jenkin Hill Internet,
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Unsolicited PMs/emails will be ignored.

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Currently using VM 3.6.1.10121 on Joomla 3.9.11 PHP 7.0.33
Testing 3.6.1.10129 on Joomla 3.9.11

bchen72801

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 04:06:10 am »
thx, kelvyn

it was the virtuemart.cfg.php file in my admin>componets>com_virtuemart folder. the URLs were missing the www.

as far as the whole 1.5.15/1.1.4 versions reverting back to 1.5.12/1.1.3 upon on the second login...i feel like an idiot. i forgot to mention that the updated site was on localhost. and you guessed it...the URLs in the config file was pointing to the live site so the second login was logging me on to my live site which was still the 1.5.12/1.1.3 versions. geez, if i'd learn to read the addresses in the bottom of the browser when i mouse over a link i'd might actually look like i know what i'm doing??? =)