News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Want to Hire: VirtueMart UPS Shipping Guru

Started by wadebehm, July 15, 2008, 05:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wadebehm

I have a VirtueMart site that I set up 6 months ago, but have never completed the set-up for the shipping module.  I want to hire someone that knows VirtueMart well.  The site is a very simple one and the shipping portion that needs work is for a very traditional physical product shipment method.

Email wade@behm.net if you're interested in more information.  I'll take the most reasonable response obtained in the next couple of days. 

Must be able to receive payment via PayPal.

James Friesen

Did you get any takers for configuring the UPS shipping module? I am in the same place. Anyone to recommend?

foonyak

I will pay someone to implement shipping labels and tracking numbers - cant believe it isnt a base feature...

ltllzrd

What needs to be configured? The biggest hassle is getting the keys from UPS.

You can put in tracking numbers on the order and send that information to the customer. It's not stored where you think it should be stored (on the order grid) and that and the label printing seems to have been thought of but not implemented.
Joomla 1.5.7 - VM 1.1.2
Saving the Internet from blinking text and animated dogs, one site at a time.

foonyak

Do you mean you can use the hack at csvimproved for manual tracking # entry or something base?

Thanks for your reply!

ltllzrd

On your order management there is the option to change the order status and send a note to the customer. In that not you can put the tracking number and it saves it on the order history AND (if you check the option) is sent to the customer.

You can do a lot of order updating/editing on order management, which is pretty cool.

This is all assuming you do order management through the VM admin.

You can do an order export with CSVImproved if you need to import that information into another program.

Quote from: foonyak on September 10, 2008, 16:15:00 PM
Do you mean you can use the hack at csvimproved for manual tracking # entry or something base?
Thanks for your reply!
Joomla 1.5.7 - VM 1.1.2
Saving the Internet from blinking text and animated dogs, one site at a time.