News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

VirtueMart & PayPal Checkout problem

Started by talder88, July 13, 2008, 19:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talder88

Hi,

There are a few topics going around here regarding a problem with PayPal at the checkout stage & not allowing you to select PayPal & log into pay, it just goes to submit order & confirmation.

Now I am having this exact same problem & I need urgent help as my site needs to go live & I still have this problem & I have asked for help numerous times & I have still not had a reply, I have tried all the suggestions others have advised others to us but they are still not working for me, unless I am doing something wrong, please can someone help me with this problem?

Sorry to sound rude, it is not my intention I am just frustrated as I mneed to get my site live

Many Thanks

talder88

Hi seriously can someone please help me with the problem, it is extremely urgent that I get this problem sorted asap & it would be helpful even if someone just simply said that they do not know why this is happen, rather than my keep having to check the forum & return to no reply, I need support with this problem & it had been over a week & my problem still persists, I don't want to have to sop using VirtueMart & I am not one to be rude as I am usually very polite & respectfull, but I am seriously annoyed that this is a support forum & I have received none.

Please don't take this the wrong way but this is a serious issue that I need to get rectified & it would of been nice just to have been acknowledge.

Sorry for the rant  :)

sunmade

I would like a simple reply to this question as well.  There are so many different answers spread out over this forum - but none that are in and pardon the pun, plain black and white..

ltllzrd

There's a known bug in VM regarding this issue. This may help - you need to use "Normal Account Creation" in the VM global configuration.

If that doesn't work let me know. I worked on this issue a lot the other night and am not recalling the whole experience but I'll be glad to help.

Joomla 1.5.7 - VM 1.1.2
Saving the Internet from blinking text and animated dogs, one site at a time.

sdscripts

I am having this problem as well.  On occasion it works, and then it does not.  Have Normal Account Creation On.

ltllzrd

Make sure the Joomla User Settings are:

Allow user registration - yes
New registration type - Registered
New user account activation - no
Front end parameters - don't think this matters.
Joomla 1.5.7 - VM 1.1.2
Saving the Internet from blinking text and animated dogs, one site at a time.

ncase

having the same problem with J! 1.5.3 and VM 1.1.2 with J! user settings:

Allow User Registration    Yes
New User Registration Type    Registered
New User Account Activation    No
Front-end User Parameters    Hide

VM user settings on: Normal

instead of redirecting to Paypal users are instantly sent the "Pending" message (not worried about this yet as I've read the forums regarding supressing the "Pending" notification. (http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=39534.0)

Just need to figure out what is causing the
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mosRedirect() in /nfs/c02/h04/mnt/40718/domains/noesisinteractive.com/html/components/com_virtuemart/themes/default/templates/pages/checkout.thankyou.tpl.php(61) : eval()'d code on line 37
error on the 'thank you' page once the submit button is pressed with PayPal selected.

Anyone?

bump

SenecaPharm

Hey there may be a solution in regards to your problem.

I just "fixed" my intabill payment gateway and it functions like paypal (redirects to another site)

The main problem was the "mos" function. Anything with defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Direct Access to this location is not allowed.' ); needs to be commented out. Functions like mosRedirect need to be changed to vmRedirect.

Try that and see what happens, hope it helps.

Regards,
James

ncase

After trying several methods (including php modifications) to fix this issue. I finally found the answer I desperately needed:

Enable the 'Legacy Mode' plugin.. not sure why you need to (bug?) but it's a VERY easy fix to a problem that plagued me for days.

In your Joomla! control panel select:
Extensions > Plugin Manager > Legacy Plugin (ENABLE)

worked for me on both 'silent' and 'normal' account type creation.

Cheers!
Case

SenecaPharm

Looks like the problem was in the Joomla language then. Maybe Virtuemart's also, its just proof that the payment module needs updating.

richard99

Might not be - I have similar problem - about 1 in 8 of would be purchasers fail at the PayPal end - and that joomla 1.0.15 Stable and VM 1.1.2 stable.

i can demonstrate that for some it's because they have previous PayPal accounts they had forgotten, but there still seems to be a core i can't explain.

has anyone sorted this for joomla 1.xx?

thanks

Richard

talder88

Hi guys, I really need some help!

I have just had to re-do my site as there was a problem & I am in the process of setting up the paypal payment again & I am having the confirmation problem again, I did get it sorted but I can't remember how I went about it, please can someone help me as I need to get my site up ASA. I have also tried the PayPal Change code & still no joy.

Please Help!

Many Thanks

talder

talder88

Hi Guys,

Seriously I really need help with this issue I need to get the store back on line by the end of the weekend. I am really sorry to keep on but it is extremely important.

Many Thanks

talder

apollo9k

Micha

Hi there,

I have the same problem. I switched the Legacy mode off because i have no old components any more.
So a customer informed me that there was a Paypal problem (no redirect).

There's no redirect to Paypal. When you switch Legacy mode on it will work ok.
I read @ Google that this issue is fixed, but how? Does anyone know how?
Then i can fix it in my VM version 1.1.2

MiC