News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"The required transaction key is empty! " (SOLVED - sort of)

Started by blacksun, July 12, 2008, 23:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacksun

Hi all,

Here's my setup:
Virtuemart 1.1.0 on Joomla 1.5
I am working to use Authorize.net for my payment processor.
I have a working SSL certificate on the server.

Here's my problem:
Everything appears to be working fine as I go through the checkout. After I enter Credit Card info, and submit the order, I get the following error:

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment. Technical Note: The required transaction key is empty! The payment method settings must be reviewed.
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment (ps_authorize)

Now, I have entered and re-entered the proper transaction key as supplied by authorize.net. Everything appears to be setup correctly.

Someone mentioned that this had something to do with shopper groups. I deleted the other shipping groups, leaving the default.

I have seen code patches for this, but for earlier versions of VirtueMart. I just wanted confirmation from someone on this issue with v.1.1.0 of Virtuemart, before I start using old code.

I also heard that the Virtuemart admin may not be saving the data correctly. One person suggested re-doing the Authorize.net payment method and "saving" after each step. Another person suggested manually entering the transaction key into the Database. Can anyone confirm these methods? Or is there a new fix? Anything?

Thanks in advance. :)

Joseph Kwan

While the major code in the payment module is the same and so most hacks for older version should work, I don't think the real problem is with the code.

I will suggest
1. Check that the transaction key is correct in the backend.
2. Check that the shopper group for the authorize.net payment method is correct.
If needed, you can check the value in the database directly.

Trying the hacks does no harm so long if you have backup your site and data.

Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

blacksun

Hi

Thanks for responding.

1- I checked the Authorize.net Transaction Key in both authorize.net and Virtuemart admin. I ran a test order, same error. Generated a new key at authorize.net, entered it into Virtuemart, ran test, same error. Then I thought maybe that in the Virtuemart Admin where is asks for the "Authorize.net Login ID" it maybe meant the Authorize.net API Login ID. So I tried that. Do dice.

2- I only have one group. The "-default-" group. The authorize.net payment method is assigned to that shopper group.

So, I don't really know what to do. Joomla with Virtuemart is my 3rd open source system I've tried for this project I'm doing. I've got the thing fairly well figured out. Alas, you might imagine my woes when I came to the end of the road and there was a road-block! :)

Just to be more clear, here are a few other settings RE my authorize.net payment method in Virtuemart, that may be relevant:

Active?: (checked)
Payment method name: authorize.net
code: 007777
Payment class name: ps_authorize
PAyment method type: "credit card" checked
Accepted card types: visa,mastercard, am-ex
Shopper Group: -default-
TEst mode? "no"
Authentication type: AUTH_CAPTURE

Any advice is appreciated!

Joseph Kwan

That's strange. Why is the code: 007777? It should be AN
Joomla/VM Upgrade Services. Problems with your migration? We can help.
Custom extensions to VM. Performance Tuning. Template modifications and advices.
Pay service to make VM work according to your needs. Your Joomla/VM solutions are just a PM away.

iamarche

blacksun,
Believe me, I can empathize with you. I've tried many different settings, but to no avail. I really like everything about VirtueMart, I just can't get it to work. I've since moved on. I would suggest going to OsCommerce, which has an active community or if you want something more integrated into your Joomla site, then I would recommend ixxo cart.

blacksun

HA -  I WIN.

First off, I changed my "payment method" details to "EN" instead of 007777 as I had it, at the advice of Joseph Kwan. I'm not sure why I entered that. I guess I felt that ID was not critical. Anyway, I changed that, but still had an error.

Now, here are the 2 things that really gave me progress.

1- I created a "new" payment method. I just called it authorize.net2. I used all my same settings as before. And this may or may not be critical, I hit SAVE after entering EVERY field. When done, I disabled the old authorize.net payment method.

When I then ran a test order, I got a new error! Horay! (This means progress) That error was:
Error: 3-3-123-P---This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request.

So..
2- Upon reading a forum post, I changed what was the "Authorize.net login ID" to the Authorize.net API login ID. (You can find this in the same area in Auth.net as the transaction key)
I cleared my cookies and ran a test order and it worked!

I realize that Virtuemart is open source and bugs are expected, but base level functionality is also expected. Authorize.net functionality is advertised as one of Virtuemart's Virtues, yet I had to deal with these bugs. Unless I did something wrong, which i don't think I did, the virtuemart development team needs to:
1- Address the issue with the data in the "payment method" apparently not saving correctly.
2- Simply change the line in the Authorize.net payment method from "Authorize.net login ID" to "Authorize.net API login ID" This is crazy. I can't believe this had not been addressed. Way too confusing.

That said, there are many pluses to Virtuemart, and as a whole I think it's a good system and nice to work with. Thanks to the dev team.

For search reasons, here's my first error:
Error: Failure in Processing the Payment. Technical Note: The required transaction key is empty! The payment method settings must be reviewed.

And my second error:
Error: 3-3-123-P---This account has not been given the permission(s) required for this request.

dancingb

I to am having this problem and tried what blacksun recommend to no avail. Are there any other suggestions to try.

wlefebvre

I can't get the transaction key to save.  Everytime i hit save in the virtuemart admin area I it just returns with:

Current Transaction Key: (empty!)

Virtuemart 1.1.1, joomla 1.5.4

Eriks Goodwin-Pfister

I am having the same problem with the transaction key failing to save, no matter how many times I try to enter it and no matter which browser program I use to do it.

biglazy

I was having the same problem then i updated all the API info. Here is a big hint. When you are first updating the transaction key, it is asking you for your Joomla admin password. Also make sure you are logged into joomla as the admin otherwise it wont update.  Once you put in that password the next screen will ask you for the transaction key.

So i even tried the steps blacksun had and I STILL get the message:

Error: Failure in Processing the Payment.

Although sometimes I just get a time out message with a lot of code behind it.

Error: connect() timed out!
Error: The transaction could not be completed.

Someone who has their site working really needs to help us out with this.  It is almost rediculous that this many people are having this same problem and no one is helping.

biglazy

Ok, figures that as soon as I post that, I would find another thread that solved my issue.  My problem has something to do with Godaddy requiring SSL.  Here is the exlplanation from jwprodigy on thread http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=40777.0

SUCCESS.  I'm posting for all those who have had a godaddy.com issue.

I'm using Virtuemart 1.1.0.  My site was hanging on "confirm order" and then timing out.  I tried all the reccommended fixes with regard to ps_authorize.php, cURL, and an SSL certificate.

This is what fixed it for me.  I got a standard SSL certificate from godaddy.  Once the SSL certificate was set up, and my site was on a secured server, here is what I did.  After trying all the modifications to the ps_authorize.php file, I reverted back to the original file.  I repeat, I am using the original ps_authorize.php file that came with virtue mart. 

Tha actual changes were done in the Virtuemart module.  Go to the virtuemart module.  It's at components/virtuemart.  Once there, click on admin/configuration on the left menu list.  Click the "security" tab and find "site url" & "secureurl".
Change the "secureurl" to "https://yoursite.com"

Next, on the same "security" page, find the "global proxy settings".
Enter "proxy.shr.secureserver.net" for the URL of the proxy server.
Enter "3128" for the proxy port.  Remember to save your settings.

This worked for me.  I spent a week perusing the forums and saw countless post on this subject.  I hope this helps.  It appears to be a godaddy.com thing with it's need for a proxy server to do secure transactions.

Good luck.

arana

well i was having the problem of not being able to setup the transaction key
this post helped me:
where it says

"Authorize.NET ID:" enter Authorize.net API login ID

when changing your transaction key
"Please type in your User Password:" enter the JOOMLA ADMIN PASSWORD
then input your trnsaction ID, then your JOOMLA ADMIN PASSWORD AGAIN!

thats it

red2678

So I am following the advice above, but when I enter my Joomla admin password, nothing happens. The page just refreshes and prompts me to enter it again.

Can I add the trans key directly into the DB? Any help is appreciated! Thanks,

Red

macaudio

Did anyone figure out how to put the passkey into the database directly?

I'm having similar problems except that my virtuemart will crash when i try to change the passkey until i log out and then back in to my joomla admin.

Hmmmm....