News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Unchecked services show up!!!

Started by Francesca Bensi, August 29, 2008, 04:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francesca Bensi

Hello, I'm having a big problem with this module.  I've had this happen twice now where a customer has purchased some items and they've selected a shipping service that shouldn't be offered (i.e. Flat Rate Box Priority Mail, they don't know if the items will fit in the box!  And I've had to pay the difference to ship the items to them!)

The services I've selected are not all showing up and the services I don't want, some of them show up.

Can someone please help me and tell me how to fix this as soon as possible before someone else purchases something with the wrong shipping charge!

Thanks!

My website is www.shopjanaki.com
Running Joomla 1.0.15, Virtuemart 1.1

Francesca Bensi

Sorry to bump this up, but I still have not received a reply on this, and it's an issue on the site.  I don't know how to fix this.  Please Help!

Thanks in advance.

lowmips

Hello,
I have found a similiar bug with VM.  I am using VirtueMart 1.1.2 stable with USPS module version 3.
The problem seems to be an "off by one" error in the code.  For example, If I select "USPS Priority Mail International" as the only shipping method, when the customer checks out they actually get "USPS Express Mail International (EMS) Flat Rate Envelope" (the shipping method above "USPS Priority Mail International").

So, after a bit of hair pulling, I figured out that in order to get the shipping method you want, select the one below it.  I do not know if it "wraps around" for the first and last entries in the list.  I also do not have a code fix (no time to dig into it, sorry).

Hope this helps!

ps. I found a thread realizing certain issues with version 3, and there has been a version 4 module released, hopefully it will fix this bug:
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=40284.0

pss. I have installed USPS version 4 and it appears that the "off by one" bug has been fixed for my installation.
Visit my website at www.lowmips.com
View my newsletters Here (sign up for newsletters on the front page of my website)

Francesca Bensi

I just installed Version 4 of the USPS module and the problem is fixed!  Thank you so much for your reply!